How to make your home feel warmer (without turning up the heat)

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
that makes sense for people who's feet don't sweat like mine do. i often have them sticking out the end of the blankets so they act like little radiators. i don't have tucked in sheets or blankets, i do not want my feet trapped when i'm sleeping.

I hear you on that! We don’t tuck ours in either. My feet are in and out of the blanket constantly. One at a time or both. One in and one out seems to work best.

But I was actually thinking of the clean sock thing as a way to keep floor lint off the sheets. Then I remembered the Girl Scout thing.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear you on that! We don’t tuck ours in either. My feet are in and out of the blanket constantly. One at a time or both. One in and one out seems to work best.

But I was actually thinking of the clean sock thing as a way to keep floor lint off the sheets.

ah! yes, it would help, question is, can i change my ways? :)

i sometimes have one in and one out too. funny i'm sure if you're taking a movie all night. i know i wander around in my sleep sometimes.

Then I remembered the Girl Scout thing.

haha! i'm remembering a miserable night i had camping but it is way OT for this thread...

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
question is, can i change my ways?
Good question!

After years of having a “dirty sock box” in our mudroom to make things easier for the kids, DH decided to thin things out and remove the box. Since only 1 kid is left at home. Now I have to change my ways because I am conditioned to putting my dirty socks in there instead of waking all the way across the house to our regular dirty laundry spot. I don’t like the new routine. I guess after I’ve done it enough times it will get to be automatic. 😒

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hahaha, feet under covers, feet out of the covers…
To keep my kids from getting out of bed after I put them to bed, I told them there were turtle heads under the bed. If they got up, the turtle heads would eat their toes off. I scarred them for life.

Did the same thing to oldest granddaughter. Now 15, she still sleeps with her toes covered. :lol: :gig :lol: :gig

Latest posts