Howdy!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I joined this site years ago and then forgot about it. I stumbled back on it and have been reading a bit. I figured I would stop lurking and actually post.

I am a long-time homesteader, organic gardener, chicken wrangler, etc. We live in rural Illinois.

Another Illionisan imagine that! What part of Illionis are you from? I live in the country of southern IL, out away from Creal Springs in Williamson county.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome back! Please show and tell us a bit more about what you're doing? We love seeing and learning from each other's projects and doings :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! 2nd generation organic gardener, hope the grand daughters are interested so I can pass it on. Would love to hear more about you and your homestead!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I love flowers in my garden too. Just picked up some Zinnias and Marigolds to plant in my vegetables.

Good luck with the Orpingtons! I plan on buying some of those next spring.

Myrth

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am curious about how many posts I must make before I get out of moderation status? I post, see that my post is in moderation status, and leave, figuring any conversation is going to be a long while. I understand why moderation is necessary, as there are so many spammers and trolls. So not really complaining, just wondering?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I am out of moderation status now. :)
I see you joined in 2013. Glad to have you back, and posting! Where are you located? It would help if you put a general location in your avatar. It makes it easier when discussing things that weather might have an influence on or just in general conversation. Thanks.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I am curious about how many posts I must make before I get out of moderation status? I post, see that my post is in moderation status, and leave, figuring any conversation is going to be a long while. I understand why moderation is necessary, as there are so many spammers and trolls. So not really complaining, just wondering?
Sorry about that! We have had so many problems with spammers flooding this forum and others I work on that we decided to hold new members' posts and any posts containing certain keywords for moderation. Sadly that was the only way to slow them down and keep them off our forums.