How's your weather?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cold rain & sleet last 2 days here. Yesterday some huge, wet flakes mixed into it all. We had a skim of white on the vehicles, grass, etc. Sunny and melted today.
Glad. It was very cold nights...upper 20s. "They" say mid 50 days and mid to upper 20 nights thru Thurs, no precip. GREAT -- because I am off Mon thru Wed and want to use those 3 days well.

Off this AM, cold, light wind but SUNNY -- nice weather to do chores and animals are all happy rain is gone. Ahhhh....I now need to get ready for work. Giving cookies away for 6 hrs at a WalMart. Yep -- will be a busy afternoon. LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My coop is filled with fluffy, dry leaves and I've got bags and bags of the same stored up for keeping it that way. But will they stay in there in the warm, fluffy place? Nope...they are nosy and must go out to see what they can see.

Our snow is melting now, so it's warming up out there a little.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Half of our chickens are out but not happy about it. Turkeys don't mind snow, goats are all out and don't seem bothered. I heard 7 more inches Tuesday possibly!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day! Clear blue skies, moderate temps...gorgeous! Unfortunately, sloppy muddy ground makes for gross working conditions. Oh well... gonna enjoy it anyway!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I can definitely wait for the snow to melt. It's much prettier and better underfoot than the muddy mess I had before all this already. I'm curious to see what the rest of winter has in store for us.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We are under 2 status Orange weather warnings with this snow and ice. They say temperature will drop to -8°C (17°F) tonight.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I edited to add the Fahrenheit temperature in brackets @NH Homesteader. I'm not good with Fahrenheit! lol

Met Éireann has the following weather warnings:
  1. STATUS YELLOW - Weather Alert - Be Aware

The concept behind YELLOW level weather alerts is to notify those who are at risk because of their location and/or activity, and to allow them to take preventative action. It is implicit that YELLOW level weather alerts are for weather conditions that do not pose an immediate threat to the general population, but only to those exposed to risk by nature of their location and/or activity.

2. STATUS ORANGE - Weather Warning - Be Prepared

This category of ORANGE level weather warnings is for weather conditions which have the capacity to impact significantly on people in the affected areas. The issue of an Orange level weather warning implies that all recipients in the affected areas should prepare themselves in an appropriate way for the anticipated conditions.

3. STATUS RED - Severe Weather Warning - Take Action

The issue of RED level severe weather warnings should be a comparatively rare event and implies that recipients take action to protect themselves and/or their properties; this could be by moving their families out of the danger zone temporarily; by staying indoors; or by other specific actions aimed at mitigating the effects of the weather conditions.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ha, well that was quite the
bump.gif
Bee!

As for weather, I'm not getting the snow until tomorrow night. I will update on Tuesday morning with the outcome! ;)

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@sumi is -8 considered cold or is because of a snow/ice warning? What are your low winter temperatures?