hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ouch! Every once in awhile my knee swells up but a few days of babying it usually helps. I am so clumsy, always have been. I twist my ankle walking on level ground. I once sprained it putting on my shoe. You must be made of iron or maybe I'm just made of jello, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ouch! Every once in awhile my knee swells up but a few days of babying it usually helps. I am so clumsy, always have been. I twist my ankle walking on level ground. I once sprained it putting on my shoe. You must be made of iron or maybe I'm just made of jello, lol.

You should see me walking around outside...Ever since I tore the tendon in my foot I walk around like an old drunk, lol. I have no stability in that foot and geeze....

Take care of that knee! :)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
LOL, yall are funny, and I feel the same way sometimes!
Did I say the Doc cleared me? I can't remember what has happened because everything became a blur!
The Doc did clear me, and told me to wear my brace and self monitor. I was relieved not to have to wear it all the time out of fear of doing something very normal and snapping something I didn't know what half snapped already. I have noticed that I get tired when I over exert myself, but otherwise, I'm doing fairly good. I did wear it for the entire time I worked at the Expo over the weekend, which was probably a good idea, especially since it was bothering me here and there.

Last week was nuts in the office, several people were out sick, which is why I didn't get to post much. So I was covering and helping out everywhere, and then the Expo started on Thursday, and I worked through until Sunday. Most of the time it rained. Thankfully between TM and I we rigged up a pretty good place for us to stay. We had a 10x10 canopy set up that was water proof so it kept the rain off. Then we pulled my truck up and opened the back hatch so that we had a mostly dry place to put stuff, and a place out of most of the breeze for me to sit. Then we stacked bags of shavings up to make a table so we had some where to put stuff. We were pretty well off. And they gave us a voucher for Bertucci's (some chain italian restaurant) for lunch, so we ordered good hot food on Saturday which helped a lot. And then we made ourselves irish coffee on Sunday morning. Shee don't tell nobody. That sure helped keep me warmer! I wore my brace the whole time which was probably a good thing because I was really tired by the end of each day, and sometimes I kept stepping in such a way that would make it twinge. No clue what I was doing, though.

Monday and Tuesday the BF took off of work to use the floating holidays he had from back at Christmas. Monday it was GROSS and raining with gusting winds again. We found a cheaper supplier of chicken feed, even if we do have to drive an hour to get up there, and then spent the rest of the day hunkered down together just relaxing. I was working on his scarf that is his late christmas present, and he puttered on his phone most of the day. It felt good to sit and do nothing. Tuesday I went to yoga, and kinda over did it on my knee again (I didn't wear the brace because I was feeling good, I guess I should have...), and so after we got the barn chores done we spent most of the rest of the day just relaxing. We got a movie and made dinner together and watched the movie while we ate (the new Ice Age movie, it was funny, I needed the laughs!).

Back in the office today and tomorrow, and then I've got a normal Friday with several phone calls to have conversations with people's pets. I'm also starting a Reiki 2 course, which should be a really awesome investment for me. I'm looking forward to really learning more about doing the energy work that I want to do.

Otherwise, not much else in the news... Horses are dirty. Mud everywhere. And it's 50 today. And sunny. And I'm stuck in the office. And it really shouldn't be this warm. This is ridiculous for January.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is crazy weather for January, isn't it? We don't usually have it too bad, but hitting 82 degrees the other day and 80 yesterday...sheesh! I'm really glad we had that one cold weekend with a couple hard freezes so maybe our garden pests won't be so horrible this year.

Take care of that knee! I'm going to therapy for my foot and he keeps telling me that even on the 'good' days to not get over confident. I'm learning to listen - sorta. We're fighting mud here constantly and that really isn't going to let this foot heal until it dries up! Yanking my foot out of ankle deep mud with every step is a bit of a challenge, lol.

Good to hear from you!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score

I twisted mine riding my horse, so don't feel bad.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks, FEM! :hugs
It was a great birthday! I had the blessing of weather in the 50s - 60s, sunny and no wind Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the week of my birthday! I thoroughly enjoyed it spending time with my horse each day, which I think he thought I was crazy by the third day, LOL. Then we got a crazy storm roll in with insane winds. But the snow all went north. I was bummed! I want at least ONE snow storm this winter! I'm getting very worried for the heat and bugs that might be coming this summer :( My horse doesn't handle heat well at all, so this could be a real challenge.
So good birthday, lots of fun wishes, the BF got me tickets to see Riverdance upcoming, and brought home 6 cupcakes from an amazing cupcakery near us.
This weekend I worked Storm again. I hope he's going to get used to the pattern because dang it we've got to get somewhere past where we are now. We've been stuck in the same place not making progress for too long. So here's hoping by the time my riding instructor comes back in March that we'll be able to do something MORE than what we left off at the last lesson.
My little business is finally getting organized. I launched my website this week, too, and am starting to make some connections and contacts, and have had a few really successful sessions with folks. That is a good thing! I've got to generate some income!! I'm behind on the bills, and not bringing in enough to get ahead yet. And that is frustrating and nerve wracking. And I'm tired of it! So we'll see how far I can get. I started a 4 month program working with Reiki level 2 stuff, so that will be helpful, and hopefully boost my confidence and give me another skill to work with. Really, I need to work on me first, anyway, so that's a bit selfish.
The knee is doing ok, still isn't 100% normal, but it's down to only being odd when I try to fully flex it. I have more pain than I used to have, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I'm doing everything without the brace, so that's a good thing. Yoga is ok, as long as I pay attention to the flexion stuff and use blocks and things to support it.
I don't think there is much else in the news lately... Just been busy and trying to get things done!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you had a good one! Mine was quiet, but that's what I wanted. Did nothing on the actual b'day, but went out to dinner the following weekend.

Hope your business keeps growing!

Enjoy the Riverdance performance. They seem to put on an awesome show!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We've only had one good snow storm, and a couple of light snows. I wasn't sorry to miss the snow last week. If I didn't have to go do the horses, I wouldn't mind.