hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks, ya'll!
The tractor is great! The BF is already playing with it all the time LOL. I know it will serve us really well, and it's simple enough that I can drive it easily, too. I'm looking forward to being able to take care of things on my own!

Not much happened this weekend. We went to our neighbor's memorial on Saturday, which was nice. Other than that we didn't do much. Sunday I got up and did barn chores. I was not moving nearly as fast as I hoped, the BF's brother came over Saturday night and stayed way too late. I went to bed about 10, which is way late for me, and so it was tough to get out of bed on Sunday. I thought I had 3 stops to make that morning, but Cowboy and Coyote's owners called me and they were later leaving than they expected, so that was a relief to only have to go 2 places. I got home, took a quick shower and then we headed to his cousin's house for Easter. That was nice, and we hung out there for a while. They did an adult easter egg hunt, and all the eggs had raffle tickets in them. We got back in the house and did a drawing, which the BF won twice (pretty good return on only finding 3 eggs), so we came home with a bottle of wine and a dish cloth.

Not a whole lot happened this weekend, which is probably a good thing. We really have way more to do than we can handle at the moment, but neither one of us are feeling great due to allergies, and my back is still not right. I kind of tweaked it again on Sunday carrying water buckets, which SUCKS. I'm trying to take care of it, and my friend will finally be back that does the body work so she can straighten me out again, thankfully!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks FEM. I unfortunately went backwards before I can go forwards. My back was feeling pretty good, and then I was walking across the barn yard at Cowboy and Coyote's and SNEEZED. I F'ING SNEEZED. And threw it out again. WTF! That was Tuesday, yesterday I spent some time with some friends, one of which is a massage therapist, and she worked on me for a little while. DR is coming this weekend, so she's going to work on me too. I hope that she can straighten me out because I need it! I think that's part of my problem that I haven't had body work in so long which has put me in an unbalanced place, which meant that my back is taking the brunt of the work, which isn't good. It almost feels like something is out, so I'm hopeful that DR can put it back! It's all the way across the back of my pelvis. It hurts to get in and out of the car, and it's really difficult to put on my boots, I can't do it standing up almost at all. I've been trying to be aware of where my balance and posture are, but that's difficult when you're already in pain. So it goes.
My allergies have been bad, but we're getting some rain today and tomorrow. Hopefully not while I'm taking care of horses. I hope that washes things down a bit so I can get some relief. I had to take a benedryl on Tuesday night just to knock myself out and reset my body. That helped a lot. I just got another allergy supplement so I hope that starts working soon, too.
Other than that, not much happening. If it doesn't rain too much then hopefully we can get some work done over at Cowboy and Coyote's. And our friend who is their neighbor wants us to clean out her shed, too. It's gotten so bad that her horse won't go in it. I'd like to get that done anyway because it's extra cash in our pocket. The BF wants to get the load of wood split (the same load that tweaked my back when I was unloading it when I shouldn't have been in the first place...), and I told him he's going to need to get help because I can't be lifting logs and split wood and stuff. He was like that's fine, you can drive the tractor. I was like ok sounds good to me. So we'll see if we can get that taken care of. The grass will probably need to be cut again if it rains, so there's that. And I REALLY want the BF to get the dang shed done so we can keep moving on some of these projects. I think he's a little stuck because he's not sure how he's going to do it, he wants to make the walls taller, which I appreciate because there's barely enough room to stand up in the middle, which means you can't really stand anything up against the walls like shovels and rakes and stuff. So the extra height will be helpful, but he doesn't know exactly how he's going to do it, and I don't either, and so he's kind of stalling on getting that started. At least that's my theory. I think I'm gonna have to nudge him to get moving on it because I'm tired of waiting and having everything in flux. May is a 3 pay check month for him and I'd LOVE to get the driveway turned into an actual driveway instead of a mud pit! We'll see how things go...
That's about all that's happening around here.

hqueen13

Reaction score
This week has been ok. My back is still giving me issues, especially when I sneeze, which is terribly annoying when allergy season is in full swing.
Friday morning I managed to get a load of stone dust for Cowboy and Coyote. The problem being that the smallest dump truck they have apparently only holds 3 tons. Add to that the guy told me it was 1.5 cubic yards per ton.... which is backwards... it's 1.5 TONS per CUBIC YARD. So they brought 3 tons, which I thought was going to be more than 3 years.... turns out it was only 2 yards. :rant Which is WAY less than what I needed. It didn't even fill the entire box that the hay feeder sits in, and we didn't even move the feeder out of the box itself! SO. SH gave me permission to dump 20 tons in the driveway. So I'll work on getting that ordered as soon as the weather looks like it will hold for a bit and the BF is ready to go over there and do a bunch of work. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but we'll see.
I also negotiated for the work we're doing, and I was a bit disappointed. The good news is that we settled on a flat rate, so they're going to pay me at the beginning of each month, which helps me TREMENDOUSLY with being able to get my bills paid on time. But it's less than I was hoping for. It covers MOST of my regular bills, but not quite all, and it doesn't cover my credit card payments pretty much at all. So that is what it is. Just means I have to double down on getting income flowing into my biz.
The good news is that I got the paperwork and new card that I applied for at BJ's. The good news is that it gives me an additional 10cents off of the price of their gas, which is almost always on the low side of average. So that saves me almost $2.00+ per gallon, so that's helpful. It's a pain in the butt to get back there, but at least it's decent savings. AND the other part of the good news is that they have a zero percent interest and no fee balance transfer offer until the end of 2020. And I got a just high enough credit limit that I can put 2 different card balances onto that card, and that will relieve a LOT of tension! It also means that in order to pay off the one balance by the end of the promo period I'll only need to pay $68/month, which is a big help. That will give me the freedom to build up other categories so I don't slip backwards. I don't want to keep the debt that long, but at least there's no interest. The other card is a business card that I have, and I don't know how I'm going to keep it paid, but we'll figure that out later. This will at least give me more breathing room so I'm not stressing nearly as much, especially since that flat rate they're paying me won't be enough to cover all the credit card balances!
The weekend was busy, but I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked since I'm on my butt most of the time due to my back hurting. I'm trying to take care of it, but that's challenging! Saturday I did get the bedroom REALLY clean. I vacuumed, and did under the bed, the dressers, and the radiator behind the bed. I did the window sills, and then dusted everything. I think it helped to not have the dust/pollen from the open windows the week before in there overnight. I didn't get anything more done after that, but the BF was kind enough to vacuum the upstairs on Sunday morning while I was at the barn. He worked really hard most of Saturday splitting up the tree that he had cut (and the reason I tweaked my back in the first place...). It just took him a really long time since he was working by himself. Sunday I went and did barn chores, and then met him down at Cowboy and Coyote's to get the manure moved and spread the tiny amount of stone dust that was delivered. That took a bit longer than we hoped, and then we tried to go take care of my friend's run in shed who lives next door, but there's a spring behind her shed and it's leaching water into the shed, which made it a nasty mess because she hasn't cleaned it out in a long time (seriously. What is it with people?!) and so the bobcat got stuck about 4 times and he finally decided it was just not going to work. He didn't even want to try to haul out the pile of mud because of how wet it was. I'm glad we didn't struggle with that, but I'm also disappointed that we can't do the work because that was income I was hoping for! So it goes. I made some suggestions to them and hopefully they'll be able to get someone who can handle the work and take care of it soon so that the horses can use the shed again.
We finally got home after 3, and the neighbor came over to help the BF finish up splitting the wood. I was really grateful for his help because the two of them got it finished. The wood holder is full now, but I think we need another (bigger!) wood holder...
So busy weekend, and I wasn't able to do as much as I would have liked, but so it goes...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze - slow down, lol!

Sorry about your back still being bothersome. Sneezing is the PITS when your back hurts...I feel your pain and hope you get better quickly!

Congrats on a clean bedroom - there's something that's just calming about having your bedroom in order.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BJ's is no longer as competitive on gas HERE. Last tIme I bought gas there, I only saved a few pennies, even with the card. I do find good deals on their clearance clothes, though. Limited selection... but then I'm a limited kind of gal.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Bummer, @Lazy Gardener That stinks. They're fairly competitive here. Yesterday, it was $2.75, most places around are $2.79. So the member price was $2.65, and we bought a couple things that got us and additional 25c off, so we filled up the BF's truck for only $33! They're still running that promo, so I should be able to fill up my truck later and take advantage of it. I'm only down a quarter, so it didn't make sense for me to go.
LOL FEM. I just don't slow down, I don't really know how!
My back is slowly feeling better, as long as I sneeze and bend my knees :p I've been laying down every day, yesterday I got to lay down twice, with my knees up on the couch, and my head on a few books. It's been helping to keep me moving, and I'm beginning to feel better. I'm toying with actually staying for yoga on Friday. I might only do part of class, but we'll see. I'm being more thoughtful and careful about how I move, so that's a good thing.
Yesterday I was SO productive. It's getting to be sunny so much longer now that I don't have trouble getting up really early. I couldn't fall back asleep after the BF left yesterday, so I just got up at about 5:30. I made a nice breakfast, did my energy routine, threw the sheets in the wash, took care of a few emails, did a facebook live for my business, switched the sheets into the dryer, and started the next load, laid down on the floor for a bit, and then filed my nails. I got the bed remade, and the dry sheets folded right before I left. I almost thought I left too late, but it worked out fine. I had to go down to Cowboy and Coyote, and then I had to stop by and pick up an order from the farm buying club that I had placed. I was supposed to meet a friend down in a little historic down about 45 minutes away from there, but there was a really bad accident on the highway that had all the lanes closed, so she had to turn around. That's what happens when you live on the other side of the water and that's the only road to get through. By the time she figured out she wasn't going to be able to make it, I got down there, so I stayed. We were going specifically because there was a little woo woo shop that I had heard of that had a good reputation. It's reputation was true, it was one of the largest I've ever been to, and was JAM PACKED. Like the aisles are so narrow that two people can hardly get around each other. They had a LOT of books, and I ended up getting 2, plus a new deck of tarot cards. Spent more than I wanted to, but I'll live. I grabbed lunch in a cute cafe before heading home. Traffic was WONKY on the way home. I finally got back, after swinging by Cowboy and Coyote even though it was really early, and got the third load dried in the dryer and everything folded (woot!). When the BF got home, he helped me to get the mower hooked back up on the tractor and I mowed the back yard, which was nice. I discovered that it's more difficult to go in a circle and see where you've mowed than it is to go back and forth. But it's not as easy to go back and forth with the tractor since the turning radius isn't as tight as a zero turn. I miss the really nice zero turn that we had at the farm before, but our little tractor will do just fine. I was also relieved that the pollen didn't bother me. He finished mowing the front yard (lots of trees, so I didn't attempt that!), and then we ran over to BJ's and grabbed dinner along the way. A busy day, but it never felt rushed, and I really enjoyed my time to myself! I wish I had more days like that.
Still have too many projects to work on, and there's rain in the forecast in the next few days. I hope it doesn't prevent us from getting some work done, but we'll see. I'm thinking we're going to do more work on the shed this weekend. I hope that he can get the floor fixed and then get the knee wall built so that we can dismantle the old shed and start moving the walls over. We'll see how far we get. We also have to figure out when we're going to get the work done for Cowboy and Coyote's place, and get that lumber purchased. I'm a little worried about it since we only have this weekend and next weekend before we go away for a few days. So if the weather isn't good enough next weekend then we won't get to it, and it'll be 2 more weeks before we can do anything.
I saw recently that we've had 12 Fridays in a row of rain. And that was last week, so I think we're up to 13 now... and this week will make 14. That's why we haven't been able to get crap done! We keep getting delayed by the rain!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
12 Fridays of rain in a row with more to come - that's just wrong on so many levels, lol! Not fair! Why does the rain wait for the weekends?

Glad you're back is getting better.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Re: BJ's promo for 25 cent discounts, We just don't use any of those promo products. I make my own laundry detergent, hubby is the only one who eats the cold cereals, and the other cleaning products... well... I just don't clean that much! ;)And when I do, I use store brands and make my own products. We're still working on the industrial size cereal boxes bought last fall! So... unless I intend to become a hoarder, there will be no promo discounts here for a very long time!