hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Had my dentist appointment for my 6 month cleaning yesterday. Its the second appointment that I have had with this dentist, and I do like her. The first one, back in July, was my first dental appointment in about 10 years. Oops. No insurance will do that to you. Anyway, when I was there in July they mentioned I had some cavities that needed filling, and that it would take two appointments to do it. I asked if they used mercury and at least got a no on that front. I wasn't too keen about them shoving something into my teeth anyway, and with the other half's surgery, I never really got around to doing it anyway. I also needed an implant for a gap in my teeth that I have never gotten fixed, despite living with it for basically my entire life.
Anyway, I get in there and the tech cleans up my teeth. It didn't seem as bad as last time (of course that was 10 years worth of yuck!), though she still did have to work pretty hard around my bottom front teeth to get that cleaned where the permanent retainer wire runs. It wasn't too terrible, though. She did comment while she was cleaning that I was supposed to come back to get the cavities filled, but that was about all she left it at (compared to the first time I went when they were really pushing me to get it done). She finished up and then the doc came in to look things over. She checked me out, and didn't say word one about the cavities, even commenting as she left that it looked great and she liked when it was easy.
Hmmm...
After I was there the last time, I did some research and found the Cure Tooth Decay book, and spent some time reading it, but had to return it to the library before I finished it. I managed to get some good out of it, and noted that most of the recommended diets to cure tooth decay included raw butter, raw milk and fish oil. I have all three of those, so I started making sure I took a fish oil pill every day, and eating as much of the raw butter as I (reasonably) could, and making sure I drank a small glass of raw milk every day or so.

I'll be really interested to note if they say anything about the cavities at my next appointment in August. If they don't mention it, I'll ask I guess.

Managed to schedule 3 other appointments for doctors today, eyes check, recheck on my knee, and an appointment with the guy the dentist recommended to look at doing the implant. Fun fun.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think you can find the same info on the web. Hubby was telling me about that.

hqueen13

Reaction score
I did some searching before I got the book, and found some info. The book was just a lot more comprehensive. Of course, you'll note that I didn't finish reading it in the 2 weeks I had it from the library... That probably says something about the reading! :p
The guy's website is the same as the book title: www.curetoothdecay.com
Everything I did read was really interesting. The first section of the book talks about how teeth really work and what they are "made" of. Most people assume they are static things like bones, and whatever happens to them happens, but according to the book, they aren't static, they are living, and can either grow stronger or grow weaker, depending on what we feed ourselves.
Interesting stuff! I am VERY curious to find out if it works... I guess I'll have to wait until August to see! They'll probably do another round of xrays since it will have been a year at that point.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The idea of curing tooth decay is fascinating stuff. I did think of teeth as static. I am going to go check out the link.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well, thus far it seems to be working... I'll have another update in August I guess!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Last night ended up not how we planned. We had arranged to go to the shooting range with a coworker of mine that I am very close to. She had a phone call happening earlier in the afternoon, and she and I talked and she said it was ok that she would make sure the call wrapped up early enough, and then she'd come by the house and pick me up, and we'd meet the other half at a restaurant and then drive over to the range. He packed the guns in his car because they are in his name, and packed up the ammo bag for me to bring with me in her car. He drives 100 miles round trip to and from work, and that is a long way to haul the guns around, especially in a state that isn't so keen on weapons.
So she texts me and says she'll probably be at our place about 6 and will call when she's on the way. At 5:50 I text her only to get the response that she is still on the phone call. A few minutes later the other half calls and says that he's already at the restaurant waiting for us. I do a few more things around the house, and text her again, now at 6:25, and get the response that she's STILL on the phone. I finally called the other half and told him to just find dinner somewhere and come home, and called and left her a message that we were canceling (of course she didn't answer the phone because she was still on it).
I wouldn't be so upset except for a few things.... I thought we were clear that she was going to let the person that she had to talk to (which she talks to EVERY Wednesday at the same time) know that today she had an obligation and would have to be off the call by a certain time (she had at least an hour on the phone before she would have had to leave anyway), but apparently she didn't set it up that way from the outset of the call. I had to text HER 10 minutes before she was supposed to be at my house to find out why I hadn't heard from her yet. She didn't give any indication of what her plan was at that point, so I had to text her again, now 25 minutes AFTER she should have been at my house to find out what was going on. The other half was WAITING at the restaurant for us for a half hour when he could have been at HOME. We value our evenings a LOT because he doesn't usually get home until 6:30 in the first place, so if we do something, the plans are pretty clear and organized to maximize our time.
The real kicker is that the whole trip was set up FOR HER. We NEVER would have planned to go out on a week night if she hadn't been interested in going. I'm not sure she realizes the lengths that we went to on a week night to have a fun evening out because she wanted to do it. I'm frustrated and disappointed and a bit hurt over the whole situation. I don't want to hang onto these feelings, but I need to process them somehow.

It has been a rough morning. The other half couldn't sleep, so he got up, and forgot to turn his alarm off, so it woke me up at 4:30 in the morning. Then I couldn't go back to sleep for another hour or so, and I had to get up 40 minutes early to go take care of my boss's horses since he is out of town. I continually dropped things while getting ready this morning, and am just in general in an irritated mood.

I was, however, EXTREMELY grateful to the bus driver that allowed me to go ahead of her on the road so that I wouldn't be stuck behind her and all her traffic on a country road!! Thank goodness for small things!!
Now if this day will just pass quickly, I'll be doing good.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
It really annoys me when someone disrespects us or our time! I've had friends do it too. I hope the rest of your day goes better!!!!!!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks, Yall. I did get to eat lunch outside, and though it was windy the sun was really enjoyable. That helped.
Now if the rest of the afternoon will go quickly and stay quiet I'll be really happy!
:hugs

hqueen13

Reaction score
Ok, that is a bright spot! I did just realize that I have to call to find out if my second picture that is being framed is ready tomorrow. If it is then we'll go over on Saturday to pick it up along with the first one, if it isn't, I'll just pay for the deposit on the third one and fax over my groupon so they can get started before my groupon expires March 1.
Can't WAIT to see all three of them. The suspense is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

Latest posts