Husbands deer (dont I sound thrilled?)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The direction this thread is going is not conducive to the children on here cuz I could say all kinds of things about the big one already at home. :lol:

hubby rushed over to see what I was laughing about so I let him read the whole thing. He blushes very easily ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA

yes, we best control ourselves! But it is fun to get carried away sometimes..HA HA

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Got my laugh for the day! :lol: Poor man! I didn't mean to be gross or embarass him, Roo! Tell him sorry! :p

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Can I tell all you non hunting women a secret?
Do you like peace and quiet?
Do you like watching wildlife?
Do you like to read?
nuf said ;)
Darn, now the secret is out.

Read a page
Look around
Read a page
Look around

Sometimes a deer shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

Mrs. H.

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Nice buck and nice of you to share your blind. That is the hunting ethic for sure.:)

Wisconsin gun deer season opens tomorrow and with the cold temps out there, I'm glad to be home in a warm house.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
deer starts tomorrow for NC.
tony is excited. he has to work the farmers market and when he gets home he is getting in his stand. he said by the time he starts hunting early afternoon he swears all the big bucks will be shot..HA HA HA

poor guy...feeling cheated..LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Today and tomorrow are youth season here in Ohio. DH kissed me goodbye on his way to work and told me to keep an eye on the goats. He just knows the neighbors will be out in that stand with a kid.

Tomorrow DH is off, so he will take either our daughter or our oldest son out in the morning, stay out for a few hours...come in to get warm, and take the other kid out in the afternoon/evening.

Last year my oldest son got his first deer, little 3 point buck. He was thrilled! (and he was 6 lol)

Daughter is now 9 and NOT happy that her brother got a deer first. She said she better get one this year, since this is her third year going. LOL She was happy for the deer, but a little put out I think that her "baby" brother got one his first year out.

DH said it scared him, because the gun kicked back and if he hadn't been behind our son, it would have knocked him right down! LOL

We had someone tell us that didn't count as our son getting his first deer because DH helped him hold the gun and put his weight behind son so he wouldn't fall. We talked to the game warden about it, and he asked well who pulled the trigger. My son shouted "I DID!" Game warden cracked up. Everyone around here starts their kids out young. We know some people shoot the deer FOR the kid and say the kid got it.

How else are kids supposed to learn? :hu

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My granddaughter knows all about guns, but I could not take her hunting.....she cannot stop talking, like her mother lol.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I've taken my youngest daughter hunting. She is the one that just had a baby. The first time it was cold and we didn't see any deer but we had a good time despite traumatic moments like loosing her sister's glove and then finding it and spilling hot chocolate all over the front of her.

She signed up for the hunter education class on her own and when she told me she needed a ride I was elated.

The last time we went hunting was kind of like the first time, just spending time together. We sat in the blind (see my pictures in my thread) and saw some deer that were way out of range. We then acted like we were filming one the deer hunting videos. We had a blast acting silly. It is hard to laugh quietly.

Latest posts