I am not sure if this is the right place for this post, but...

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What can I do to get rid of all the lady bugs/beetles???? They are driving us nuts.

Fly tape is working on the flies. What can be used for the beetles?

Thanks,
Annette

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Have you considered that the reason you have so many lady bugs is because you have a lot of the bugs they prey on in your area? Get rid of the lady bugs and you might find yourself swimming in aphids.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you are talking about those orange asian beetles that look like ladybugs, except oranger, there is something you can spray on your house/garage/shed etc. I don't know what is called, but you buy it at the feed mill. I'm sure it is some kind of insecticide, so you might not want to use it.

I haven't had to resort to it, but my neighbor who was hit with a particularly bad infestation, did. Her walls, etc were getting stained with little dots from the bugs. Yuck!

the asian beetles are a nuisance, and the chickens won't eat them, either. They kind of stink when you smish them, and they bite. Ladybugs don't bite people, and they don't stink if you squish them.

Asian beetles are an invasive species, and do not eat aphids and are not beneficial like ladybugs.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Soapy water with a little bleach sprayed on seems to deter them, but not very long term.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We get a particularly vicious infestation of them around here. Las autumn and winter there was no leaving a drink without some sort of cover on it. We took to drinking everything out of travel coffee cups. It wasn't until late in the season I discovered a small glass bowl in each window with a water and a few drops of Dawn was a great 'catch' for them. It did not get rid of them completely but it kept the swarms and bites to a minimum. However, no matter how bad it got, I just can't bring myself to use insecticides and now with bees, I stand ever more vigilant against them.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They do have stuff you can spray around the doors/windows, but you have to do it *before* they show up. Otherwise, your best bet is to get out the vacuum and go after them...

My husband HATES those asian lady beetles. They smell horrible and he gets all pale, sick and almost passes out. :sick I have to do the dirty work... LOL

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
journey11 said:
They do have stuff you can spray around the doors/windows, but you have to do it *before* they show up. Otherwise, your best bet is to get out the vacuum and go after them...

My husband HATES those asian lady beetles. They smell horrible and he gets all pale, sick and almost passes out. :sick I have to do the dirty work... LOL
Wait.. like a repellant? You wouldn't happen to know a bit more would you ? Like a brand or maybe a web site ?

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The one I heard recommended is called "BugStop" available at Lowe's or Walmart. I'm sure there are others.