I can fix tools ask me how? what do you do for living??

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I used to own a catering business and have been in real estate.
I currently teach cooking lessons for people who want to improve their kitchen skills and eat a healthier diet.

I am also a wife, mom, chicken keeper, gardener, canner and maid. :frow

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
I am a nurse. I work in a family practice clinic. I also have my Class B CDL for driving buses, charter vans.:)

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer... I do page layout and run the production department for the local paper. I love my job :)

I also have a geological engineering degree, but didn't like my job back then... I worked underground in a steel mine, as one of only 2 women underground...

I can train dogs (I mainly work with what most people consider the 'aggressive' breeds), teach low level horse back riding lessons (english pleasure, dressage or natural horsemanship), and am working on restoring an 125 year old house, and through doing that I can do some plumbing, some wiring, some drywalling, some flooring, some insulation installation, some roofing, and have taken out a brick chimney and installed selkirk pipe.... I sew and am a portrait artist.

My self sufficiency skills/experience would be way on the lower end of being able to help anyone here, but I love helping people with their dogs and I would probably know enough about sewing or pencil drawing if anyone needed help with either of those :)

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I build portable buildings for storage, as well as well houses, dog houses, deer blinds, etc. I work with sheet metal, insulated panels, and wood. I do metal roofs, install doors, windows, decks, as well as custom jobs. I can also do most basic plumbing and wiring. I can fix some things auto, but prefer not to lol.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I am a certified teacher, licensed for preK-8th grade here in Va.

I quilt, do some basic sewing, basic gardening, some basic animal husbandry, I like to cook, hunt and fish.

My husband works for Verizon and can tell you some basic phone stuff, he also guides duck and goose hunts (shameless self promotion) www.webfootmafiawaterfowl.com

My father owned his own construction business for a long time and is a brick mason and also does beautiful stone work.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stay at home mom with no formal training,...basically the chief cook and bottle washer(I CAN do diapers). DH has his class A CDL license,..dumptruck driver in the summer (asphalt ) and jack of all trades in the winter,..(but master of none.) :gig

maf8009

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been in sales of some sort for 30 plus years...
I am a certified licensed Life and Property Insurance Agent for a major national company and answer the TV commercials for life insurance questions and policies.

Also, a "chicken farmer" and I am very knowledgable in this area of the hatching, care feeding of chicks and poultry. I am also the "handy" man of the family. (also the mother) and can fix/rig just about anything to work. I have basic knowledge of some car repairs.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I recently retired (for the 2nd time) from a lifetime of clerical work. If it can be typed or filed, I'm your lady. (I hate telephones :rant) My hubby, however, is a very talented workworker. We garden about 1/2 acre and sell produce at our local farmer's market. My parents and grandparents all came from the mountains of E. Tenn. so I'm not exactly new to SS, I've just been out of touch with it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I quilt, sew, paint, (one stroke and other decorative techniques) draw, knit, crochet, and do most other domestic things. I've never made any money with them because for some crazy reason I can't get inspired with out an object of effection to give things to:>) So I give all my creations away to the specific people they are created for:>)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I'm a part time Expense Administrator. Full time mom, just started homeschooling my kids.
I sew, crochet, knit, cross stitch, candlewicking, embroidery, all those type things.

Latest posts