I can see again :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't been to active because reading has not been enjoyable for the past few months. My eyesight took a turn for the worse. I got really aggravated with myself because I kept procrastinating about going to the eye doctor. Last time I went was 7 years ago. But after discovering at my eye exam last week that I developed near sight double vision in my right eye, my glasses were like 4 prescriptions too weak, I needed tri-focals and a prism in my right lense. I became even more aggravated with myself. I mean duh... How stubborn can I be?

But I just got back from picking up my new glasses and all I can say is wow, double wow, I can see again. :weee

I actually hugged the optimistic because I was so happy that I can see again. I said give me the smallest print you got and let me see if I can read it. So she gives me like 1/2 font fine print on some card and guess what I READ IT. So I gave her another hug and told her she's a miracle worker, everything is so sparkly and clear!

Amazing what new glasses can do and adding prism into my right lense the letters are no longer stacked on top of each other. It doesn't hurt to read and all, I can't believe I can see so clearly again. I can even read all the fine print on on this website on my phone again like this...
I can really read it I'm happy happy happy:celebrate
Screenshot_2018-05-31-16-21-54.png

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are benefits of being boneheaded. Not being able to see and depriving us of your company is not one of those benefits. Glad you are back, been missing your pearls of wisdom.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you got that issue taken care of. We have a tendency to take these things for granted - and shouldn't.... Ask my husband about that.

And, it's only been 4 years for me and I pick up my new glasses tomorrow. Thank goodness I'll be able to see at night again...glare guard is totally worn off of the ones I'm wearing now.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Story hu? Bad storms today and yep we are under a tornado warning even as I type... I just went out to the shop to feed my hunting dog and he starts barking like something is wrong as I approached the door. Then I heard a strange noise coming from a bunch of lumber I have leaning up against the wall. I started moving wood around and the whole time my hunting do is cutting up a fuse. I finally found what he was so upset about. It was a very pretty large barbed owl. I gathered up some courage and grabbed the owl like I would a chicken with my hand holding it's wings closed and headed quickly for the door. Surprising the owl put up no fight what so ever. Lightening is all around but I headed out back to the Shawnee national Forest with owl in tow in the pitch dark. I could actually see pretty well when I got to my second creek that boarders the Shawnee I tossed the owl up into the air. It spread it's wings and flew to a near by tree. When I tossed it into the air I managed to snap a picture with my cell phone of it landing on the branch. Now just how cool is this?
images.jpeg

Then to top it off as I started walking back to the house with my hunting dog leading the way. The owl wooted and I could of sworn it said "thank you" in owl talk of course.

I absolutely love owls. I used to have one that I called Buddy in North Carolina. He would just show up and sit in the open door to my shop and watch me wood work in the evening. It was just too cool and every since then I love owls.

I hope this owl hangs around and visits again if it does I'll name it Buddy 2. Buddy 2 is also welcome to eat as many roosters as he/she wants too :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! Great story! Amazing photo! Picture of the Week for sure! Where's @sumi?

Yeah I was really excited when I seen it was an owl. Since I love owls so much I wanted to get it far away from the house so I would be safe from my hunting dog. It must have found the open door to my shop maybe to get out of the strong storms we've had today. I leave the door open because my hunting dog has claimed it as his home. I'm sure if this owl wanted to it could have torn me up... It had some big claws and beak. But it was as gentle as could be and didn't seem to mind that I carried it quite a distance. It probably was just happy to get way from my hunting dog.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you got that issue taken care of. We have a tendency to take these things for granted - and shouldn't.... Ask my husband about that.

And, it's only been 4 years for me and I pick up my new glasses tomorrow. Thank goodness I'll be able to see at night again...glare guard is totally worn off of the ones I'm wearing now.

Yeah... I procrastinated 7 years. That's pretty dog gone bull headed even by my lax standards! Please don't follow my example.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I knew you were stubborn but daaaaang, THAT is stubborn! :gig I'm happy for you! Now get to typing! Tell us some stories about the homestead.

My sight got so bad I would reach for a small tool and miss it, eek... How in the world I shot 100% on my consealed carry certification is mysterious thing. Since I'm right eye dominant, have to close my left eye when I aim and have double vision in my right eye - how in the world could I even hit the target let alone shoot 100%? All I can say is I must have chose the correct sight of the two I seen -:lol. But I shot a little today after I picked up my new glasses, I'm shooting straight now forsure.

Now I'm confident I can start some woodworking projects I've been putting off since I couldn't see very well.

Latest posts