I can see again :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sheesh, CrealCritter, and here I thought I was stubborn! Smh. Glad you got your eyes sorted and I'm sure you are kicking yourself for not doing it ages ago! :)

That is an awesome pic of the owl. They're such cool birds.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
eThat may have been a random picture but WOW -- like it posed for you!!!! With the black background, what a sight. I would print and frame that one. Lucky you! Yeah, I love the owls but hat that they harvest my birds. Lost last & favorite guinea to one. I TOLD it not to keep roosting on top of the darn shelter go under the roof!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree...that's a framable moment right there. Good enough for any magazine, IMO. What beauty!!

I mind VERY much when the owls sample my flock....that's MY winter food supply and he's got plenty of other choices out there in them woods. I love seeing them and I love hearing them, but I don't want to have to feed them too.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I was smiling like crazy reading your post! I sooo understand that wow moment of getting new glasses, and realizing just how long I've put off getting new glasses. I bet you made that optometrist's whole week!! It makes me smile to think of the way she would tell the story from her side! "And then he jumped up and hugged me AGAIN!":lol:

I bet those few moments will carry her through a lot of bad times, just knowing that what she does really truly makes a difference.

Great story about the owl! I love that picture. People go their whole lives trying to get pictures like that, most without success. I bet that would win grand champion at the county or state fair! But having the experience is even better than the picture.

My husband rescued a golden eagle once. He was in the Navy, and saw it in the parking lot. So he put his coat over it and carried into his office, and put it in a laundry basket. It absolutely could have torn him up. But i think they know when someone is trying to help.
Funny, in the Navy, a bird or full bird is also used to refer to a colonel (high ranking officer), eagle, also being used as a reference to rank, so he had a rough time getting information when he was making calls to find out what to do with the "eagle" that he had in his office. "No, Sir, a bird....a golden eagle, Sir...eagle as in the bird, Sir....A Golden eagle.... yes Sir...in my office, Sir..." :gig
I think it went to the San Diego zoo to be evaluated. CC, his momento is a tattoo of an eagle on his upper arm. It was before cell phones!:lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've caught a stunned hawk on the road before and also a loon. That loon was stunningly beautiful! Couldn't get anyone to take them off my hands at all...the hawk recovered and was released on a mountain top and the loon was released into a long stretch of a mountain stream.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the owl picture. That definitely should be printed out and framed. Beautiful!

Latest posts