I can see again :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've caught a stunned hawk on the road before and also a loon. That loon was stunningly beautiful! Couldn't get anyone to take them off my hands at all...the hawk recovered and was released on a mountain top and the loon was released into a long stretch of a mountain stream.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! Great story! Amazing photo! Picture of the Week for sure! Where's @sumi?

Yeah I was really excited when I seen it was an owl. Since I love owls so much I wanted to get it far away from the house so I would be safe from my hunting dog. It must have found the open door to my shop maybe to get out of the strong storms we've had today. I leave the door open because my hunting dog has claimed it as his home. I'm sure if this owl wanted to it could have torn me up... It had some big claws and beak. But it was as gentle as could be and didn't seem to mind that I carried it quite a distance. It probably was just happy to get way from my hunting dog.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you got that issue taken care of. We have a tendency to take these things for granted - and shouldn't.... Ask my husband about that.

And, it's only been 4 years for me and I pick up my new glasses tomorrow. Thank goodness I'll be able to see at night again...glare guard is totally worn off of the ones I'm wearing now.

Yeah... I procrastinated 7 years. That's pretty dog gone bull headed even by my lax standards! Please don't follow my example.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sheesh, CrealCritter, and here I thought I was stubborn! Smh. Glad you got your eyes sorted and I'm sure you are kicking yourself for not doing it ages ago! :)

That is an awesome pic of the owl. They're such cool birds.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree...that's a framable moment right there. Good enough for any magazine, IMO. What beauty!!

I mind VERY much when the owls sample my flock....that's MY winter food supply and he's got plenty of other choices out there in them woods. I love seeing them and I love hearing them, but I don't want to have to feed them too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the owl picture. That definitely should be printed out and framed. Beautiful!