i cut a big chunk out of the tip of my finger

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
No worries, mate! :D We don't start wars on SS...we finish 'em! :lol: Didn't mean to infer you were a guy....its just usually guys and..well....gals like me that use super glue, duct tape and WD 40 for everything under the sun! :lol:

the usual formula for super glue includes such ingredients as Hydroquinone, Ethyl 2-cyanaocrylate and Polymethyl methacrylate. Generally referred to as Cyanoacrylate adhesives,
Now, I'm not real sure what these are and Pat could probably tell ya, but I'm thinking they aren't good for us. Nothing that smells that good can be natural! :drool

Wannabefree...when you picture me speaking these words, keep in mind that I am a jolly, fat woman who loves to laugh. I'm not arguing or trying to pick on you...merely enjoying exchanging info and debating a subject. ;) As always..... :frow

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
No worries, mate! :D We don't start wars on SS...we finish 'em! :lol: Didn't mean to infer you were a guy....its just usually guys and..well....gals like me that use super glue, duct tape and WD 40 for everything under the sun! :lol:

the usual formula for super glue includes such ingredients as Hydroquinone, Ethyl 2-cyanaocrylate and Polymethyl methacrylate. Generally referred to as Cyanoacrylate adhesives,
Now, I'm not real sure what these are and Pat could probably tell ya, but I'm thinking they aren't good for us. Nothing that smells that good can be natural! :drool

Wannabefree...when you picture me speaking these words, keep in mind that I am a jolly, fat woman who loves to laugh. I'm not arguing or trying to pick on you...merely enjoying exchanging info and debating a subject. ;) As always..... :frow
Well :tongue

JK :lol:
I aint worried bout it. You all seem less sensitive than those BYC'ers ;) Didn't figure you were being mean spirited...just making sure ya knew I wasn't either! Still dunno how I missed the "natural remedies" thing.....:rolleyes: Gotta get used to this board!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We are much less sensitive because we have the Freedom Fighters that mount up and ride if we are being bullied in any way. We usually don't allow such things here so no one needs to put up walls or try to defend them. :)

Me? I'm the president and founding member of PISSI (People In Support of Stress-induced Incontinence)....wanna join? :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Me? I'm the president and founding member of PISSI (People In Support of Stress-induced Incontinence)....wanna join? :D
:lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago, I cut my index finger on my left hand w/a chain saw. I just put pressure on it to stop the bleeding. I was at work, so my boss put some neosporin on it, then applied a pressure bandage. Not sure if it would work or not, but I've heard that you can use honey for an antibiotic salve. My finger has pretty much healed up, but it's still a bit sore, and even a bit numb. I didn't go to the ER either. I figured they couldn't stitch it, and that the most they'd do was glue it, and ask when I had my last tetanus shot. I figure I saved myself some money.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My oldest put the chainsaw through my 11 yo's hand a couple of years ago while cutting wood. We went to the ER and they just super glued it! Yeah! A $500 bottle of super glue! :he

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
We are much less sensitive because we have the Freedom Fighters that mount up and ride if we are being bullied in any way. We usually don't allow such things here so no one needs to put up walls or try to defend them. :)

;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Honey is an excellent salve and healing agent. Also diminishes scarring.
Is there any difference between store bought, and local? I know my hubby will buy honey from the store. If I buy honey, I get it local.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
jjhuntsalot said:
....I don't know what they could do at the ER the chuck is totaly missing so they can't stich it up.....
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH.....

A couple of years ago DD cut a piece of my index finger off with scissors (on the back of the finger, between the first and second knuckle). They couldn't reattach the piece that was detached and all layers were gone (including the fatty under-layer) so it wasn't going to heal on its own. They loosened the skin all around the finger so they could pull it tight and stitch it up. I had to keep it straight for a couple of weeks so I wouldn't pop the stitches. Essentially, my left index finger has had a face lift, and now it's good as new.

DH shaved a large portion of his index finger pad off as a kid, and it could not be sewn shut. They harvested skin from the inside of his elbow and grafted it on the wound. He's never had any problems with it, but his fingerprint looks strange.

So there are a couple of options for what they might do in the ER. Hope you are feeling better soon!