I don't care if...

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hey Aly, Canned Chicken, Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken Noodle Soup. Lots of Egg Drop Soup. Hunger will never be an issue if you don't sell those chicks. :hide

Sorry - I could not resist.

Hope you sell all those. But I would not reduce the price.

And I am shocked that a salesperson would be so bold as to act like that. But....I am sure he thought he was being funny. Or at least that is what I hope. Maybe he thought about it later and kicked himself.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, 2Dream, I've thought that, too. DH said in about 10-12 weeks we could have a HUGE backyard BBQ and roast chickens over an open spit.......everyone can have a whole chicken to themselves :gig

Hmm...really sounds like a fun idea :lol:

Regarding the salesperson, on the phone with me was the OWNER...so I really don't think there is much chance of him reprimanding his employee for her rudeness. They both say they hate their job, wish the store would sell so they wouldn't have to be there anymore.

DH and I really wish we had the finances to purchase the store! We would love to be running it!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Quail........find out just how close you are to Mansfield!!! I will fire up the smoker when those chicks get a little meat on their bones!!
We can have one HECK of a party!!!

344411221.jpg

Some lamb that I cooked....
349314138.jpg

And some of my world famous corn bread.....
349314133.jpg

Let me know when they are ready!! :hide :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Quail........find out just how close you are to Mansfield!!! I will fire up the smoker when those chicks get a little meat on their bones!!
We can have one HECK of a party!!!

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/4139313/344411221.jpg

Some lamb that I cooked....
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/4139313/349314138.jpg

And some of my world famous corn bread.....
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/4139313/349314133.jpg

Let me know when they are ready!! :hide :lol:
I'm thinking I am about 2 hours from Mansfield. Isn't it West of Massillon? Anyway, I'll shoot ya a message and we'll have a HUGE cookout! I want some of that cornbread LOL

Ok feedstore, I talked with them today. We agreed that I am only going to come down on Saturdays with chicks. 1, that's their busiest day, and 2, they are only open 9-2. I also told them that after these chicks are gone, I am ONLY going to order in small batches from here out of 100 pullets only. AND if a customer wants a certain breed they can put in a special order and Donna, feedstore employee, said make them pay up front for their chicks. It's like the woman grew a brain since yesterday! She was being nice!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Quail you should contact the TSC and the other feed store as well. Perhaps they would be interested in some chicks.

Did you ever discover the root cause of the chick losses? Was it just problems with traveling and taking so long to arrive to you?