I don't care if...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
LOL!
Hopefully some of the people from Craigslist buy a LOT of peeps!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We have decided to no longer do business with our local feedstore...period. If it means I take a loss on these chicks, I take a loss. After what the owner did, they no longer have my business after today.

I needed goat milk replacer. DH and FIL went down to pick it up. I called down to be sure they had the milk replacer I needed, and I was asking lots of questions. DH and FIL were already there, and knew that the owner was talking to me. Apparantly, the owner was irritated with my questions about the milk replacer, was rolling his eyes, and at one point motioned like he was hanging himself with a noose because obvisously I am that aggravating. He then looked at my husband and asked, "Is she stupid?" I was still on the phone with him!

DH and I are both livid and said that isn't a decent way to treat ones customers. So we've decided that we will drive the extra few miles to either Landmark or TSC for our feeds from now on.

I'll do what I can to sell my chicks from home. I don't deserve to be treated that way!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Ugh!! That is awful!! Like he says one thing to your face and then says another behind your back! Did he not realize that was your FIL and DH? Makes you wonder what he is telling the customers who are interested in chicks.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Oh yes he knew that was my DH there. We only buy our feed from him, so we are in there quite often. We are regular customers, and it's a small town feedstore. I mean, the kind of place where the employees greet you by name! So yea, it does make one wonder.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wow, very rude!
Did he think he was being funny?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
And they wonder why these small town businesses go under? Probably blame it on TSC! :rolleyes:

Too bad you don't live a little closer, Aly....I met a lady today that would probably take some of those off your hands. :(

You could always try the kid approach.....let your kids take a box of peeps to school for show and tell and let the other kids know that they can have one for the low price of $2!!! Then the kids, already jealous that your kids have balls of cuteness, rush home to tell their mommies and, presto! You sell a few, maybe more, word gets out and maybe a little more.

Take some to church, some to TSC, to the local livestock auction...anywhere you have a sucker who lives on a farm.

They are going to start calling your place The Chicken Ranch!!!! :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'll trade ya for a little black goat! :lol:

Wow, those two are a pair. :smack Wife gossips about your friend and husband....well, I'm at a loss for words. People who gossip to you will gossip about you, that is for sure.

I'd certainly take my cash elsewhere!

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To bad it isn't Easter! You would make a killing. Maybe next year you could delay your hatching until it's warmer out. I know you will find a good way to make a profit on those chicks Quail. From what you are saying in your posts you have more energy and creativity than I will ever have. Don't worry, you will make your money back.

As for the feedstore, forget about them. Go there, take your posters down and while your at it let them know that you will not be hatching chicks for them any more. I would also tell the manager that you don't appreciate the way they treated you. You can give examples but I'm sure they will already know what you are talking about.

You were a buisness partner and they treated you badly. Maybe TSC will treat you better. I know my TSC store treats me very well and they are all knowledgable about their products. You might even be better off with them in the chick dept. At least they won't run out of chick products.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
freemotion said:
I'll trade ya for a little black goat! :lol:
DEAL! :lol: We gonna drive halfway and meet? :gig

I'm not stressed over it so much today. I slept on it.

I told my mom and DH I am sure God has this all planned out and I just need to be patient and let Him show me what I am to do.

I did have several emails last night for them. One lady even asked if I had ducklings. :rolleyes Everyone seems to want ducklings this year!

Another person emailed and asked where they can be seen at because they would be interested in most of them. :fl Hope that person asks to come today!!!!!!

Latest posts