I feel like I am talking to myself constantly on this forum

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
SFM, I feel your pain. I don't think people read entire posts before answering, so they write of their experience. Don't take it too hard; I thought your answer was a good one. Personally, if I'm searching for food grade buckets for long term storage, I would prefer new - not something that has had "God only knows what" in it.

On another board, I once asked
"between item a with these options and item b with these options, in your opinion, what would be the best solution to use in this instance". Then I stated in my post that I deliberately never shop Wal-Mart, Sams, BJs or Costco.
Ten people told me to check Sams Club, Costco or Wal-Mart.

Go figure... ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey sufficient
The original OP--Duppy doesn't post that much. I see he posted that on 1-8 and asked again today. He must have missed all those great responses.

If you see a duplicate like that....just post your link again to the old post for him or "whoever". If you want too :)

I think sometimes we lose track of what we asked etc.
And you sure knew your stuff in that answer with all those links.

Nah, it isn't you at all.....you give great responses.

It has happened to me and will happen again I am sure to all of us at some point...just a missed thread etc.

jackiedon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm sorry no one took your post serious. It was the first time I read it but it told exactly what the OP was asking.

Unfortunately on forums this happens.

Jackie

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
SFM - that same thing happens to me all the time. Plus its like I am THE DREAD THREAD KILLER. Things will be rocking along and I will post. No one will post anything to that thread afterwards. LOL But I think we will find more and more of this as the forum grows. Its really not personal. Everyone just wants to have their input in your case, and in my case they move on to other topics.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Plus its like I am THE DREAD THREAD KILLER. Things will be rocking along and I will post. No one will post anything to that thread afterwards

****THAT AIN'T TRUE

see I posted saying you aren't a thread killer...:lol:

cut it out ya'll! All the info posted by ya'll is greatly appreciated by many!!
Duppy just doesn't post much and I am sure he just missed the thread...LOL...problem is there was so much good info on the thread it is a shame he didn't catch it! But it is the OPs missing out on good info....cause all info put on threads will always help someone reading it at some point! :p

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I think your response to the OP was good and you spent a lot of time looking for links. I think sometimes we (me included) put a lot into a post hoping to really help someone only to find that we are one of many and we don't really get credit for our efforts...just part of being on a forum I guess :)
Plus as FC pointed out...the poster is new and perhaps forgot that he posted the question the first time. Don't take it personally.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know I am not the only member to feel this way. I was having a bad day yesterday, sorry. It was not anything personal to the OP. Moving on.....:)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good graciouis sufficient we sure all have those days.

most of the time I feel like taking an iron frying pan to the world!!!
:)

:smack:smack

LOL-LOL

there take that all of you people in this world..HA HA HA HA

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Also sometimes I just don't look at a post if the title indicates I can not input anything or know so little about it.
I usually avoid the chicken posts because I know so many here know sooooooo much more. But mention goats or horses and I'm on it like mud on shoe- can't get rid of me. :lol:

Then there have been times where I have lost one of my own posts- it's there somewhere but timing was wrong and it was buried. If I remember, I will go to my profile and request all my own posts to check. I don't always remember.

And there are times where I have picked up something af real value to me and have not said thank you like I should.