I feel like I am talking to myself constantly on this forum

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I haven't been here to post in a few days and it sure seems ya'll had a lot going on while I wasn't here :barnie Dang I missed a lot!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think everyone who responded had some good points, and I am going to try to make a better effort of responding to posts which have benefited me or my families situation. Some posts honestly I cannot relate to and don't dare respond, others I feel I have some knowledge or interest and will post. Sorry, yesterday was not a good day for me and I should have kept my mouth shut probably :duc My red hair tends to get the best of me sometimes!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nah it is just a forum....people chatting, doing this and doing that...nothing to take too serious in a way! a great forum, but still cyberspace fun and to learn new neat stuff from others!

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I remember when BYC was this size and saw the same type of comments as those posted here about being thread killers. Don't take it personally folks. As the board grows the 0 reply threads are far more rare. It is just a factor of the stage this board is at.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I checked out the links you posted and found some very valuable info, even if I didn't respond. I was excited to find the wheat berries that are shipped in the buckets for about $85 with shipping....I plan to order that if I cannot get it locally. I am currently making phone calls. Shipping is a killer. So I appreciated the post.

Never underestimate the value of your reply to lurkers, even if it was not what the OP was looking for.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I checked out the links you posted and found some very valuable info, even if I didn't respond. I was excited to find the wheat berries that are shipped in the buckets for about $85 with shipping....I plan to order that if I cannot get it locally. I am currently making phone calls. Shipping is a killer. So I appreciated the post.

Never underestimate the value of your reply to lurkers, even if it was not what the OP was looking for.
Thanks Free motion. I realized after reading your post on cost of bucket of wheat I put the wrong web address for honeyvillegrain (I added an s at the end, which I corrected now) they sell 50# of wheat berries for 50.99 and 4.95 shipping no matter how much you order. I ordered my berries from them and they arrived at my door in 3 days from the time I placed the order. I was impressed they were the best price I could find for the smaller quantity orders.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
WHAT!!!!! That is the best price I've seen so far!!! See, you do have lots of high value to offer, and even if it is not stated, it is appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!! :bow

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No problem, I just wanted to make sure you knew where I found the best price also :) The other companies I found had minimum orders of buckets etc, which does not work for my needs. LOL, I am not putting away for the end of the world as we know it, I just wanted to experiment with the option of fresh ground/whole grains for the best breads. Besides the wheat berries will store for 10-20 years if sealed/stored properly.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Besides the wheat berries will store for 10-20 years if sealed/stored properly

***now that is a long time...good to know something can store that long! I am always worried about "when will things go bad" type person...LOL