I got into something - and it ain't good

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
. . . but I bet I still stay away from it this year!
Yeah, I'm not smart enough to figure that out on my own.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aww... I'm sorry and hope you feel better soon! We use the technu here too, and usually it does work miracles! But just in case you didn't already know, please watch for signs of infection. Several family members came to help weed eat the property last year. We told them to stay away from the poison oak, but they must not have seen or recognized it and had to be put on antibiotics because their rashes became infected. Just be careful!

~Sarah

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, what is technu ...where do I buy it? thanks...G

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kingsfarm said:
Hi, what is technu ...where do I buy it? thanks...G
Technu is actually a soap sorta thing. It comes in a squeeze tube and it has pumice or hard soap particles in it. Kind of like the sandy "tough guy" hand cleaners that are used in mechanics and factories washrooms. It is made by Tech Laboratories in Albany, Oregon. I'm sure the soap is a heavy duty degreaser to dissolve the poison oils and there is Grindelia Robusta 3X anti-itch medication in there too. The stuff works miracles if you can use it shortly after exposure to any poison (to the skin) plants.

I also like Ivarest as an itch relief ointment. It is made by Blistex in Oakbrook, IL. It has 14% calamine, 10.5% alcohol, and 2.5% D Hypochloride. It also has a very small amount of oily lotion in it to keep it from drying out like straight calamine lotion does. I like it too.

I get both at our local CVS store.

♪ ♫ It's gonna take an ocean - of calamine lotion ♪ ♫ Remember that one?

1505_dsc03229.jpg

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boogity, thanks for posting the picture! I'm going to get some of both for my storage supplies. Hope you feel better quickly!

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Veggie PAK said:
Hope you feel better quickly!
Thanks. I feel much better this week than last. Some of the big clusters on my legs and tummy are drying up. My arms still have lots of small clusters but the itching is going away slowly. Shew-weee! last week at this time I was in some serious misery.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Is that why you were singing so strangely near the books at the Good Will store yesterday? Scaring customers? Including me, now bookless?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If that guy was singing ♪ ♫ It's gonna take an ocean - of calamine lotion ♪ ♫ it was definitely me. I love to hide my face behind a book back in the corner of the Goodwill store and stare at the ladies and sing. I wear a black hat and a long black trench coat. Sometimes I wear my hot pink sneakers.
I better shut up, someone might think I'm serious.

Latest posts