I guess these things come in threes....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds "not too bad" Ann so that is a good thing.
Prayers with you that all turns out fine!!!!!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs And of course, Prayers....for all of you going through this as well as for your families.

countrymama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I said a prayer for you. I know how you feel. Been there a few years ago.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, and my thoughts have been with those who have already posted, I just didn't want to say anything - my way of denying reality, I guess. I know many have dealt with this, both with the good outcomes and the bad, I hope all of us here come through with the best outcome possible. Fingers crossed!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yes, things do come in "clusters" (sorry, not trying to be funny, but since there are already more than three similar cases, it seemed an appropriate term).

I am crossing my fingers for you, Reinbeau, as well as the rest of you, and will be thinking positive thoughts for you all.

It sounds like the needle biopsy will be a lot less invasive than a surgery? That is wonderful news. I hope the tests show there is nothing to worry about.

I think some of us like to keep our personal trials private for the most part, but this isn't always the healthiest choice, as it tends to keep the stress bottled up. Take care, Reinbeau!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ann & Leanne...
I am saying prayers for you both for good outcomes.

Ann, I know what you mean about the denial. I have only told 3 people about what is going on with me. I just don't want to cause others to worry, I'd rather keep it under my hat!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This is a copy and paste from another post I made in the BYC moderator forum:

I have to admit something, I feel like such a failure, although they assured me it wasn't my fault. I had to sit up for this procedure. I passed out. I really think if I could have been lying down it would have worked. They were all in and ready to go, and I went out cold. So they have to reschedule me. Really, they should have known I needed a sedative, I told them I was terrified, even though as I was being smooshed and positioned in the mammogram machine I was trying hard to calm myself, breathe, not look, take my mind off it - but suddenly I felt myself going, I felt sick, next thing I knew I was laying down and they were trying to wake me up. I have very low blood pressure anyways, I guess it dropped to below 20 (bottom number)!

So I have to go back, with a prescribed Ativan pill beforehand. I really don't want to have a surgical biopsy! Hopefully it will be on the 30th. I just want this past me.....

It's a beautiful day out there but I'm wiped out. Life does go on, and this will get done. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it's nice to be able to vent here.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wow, I'm sorry you're going to have to go back. I hear your stress and fear about this, and I will continue to pray for you, if you don't mind. :hugs