I let my kombucha die, anyone feeling generous?

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I neglected my kombucha for entirely too long during the graduating college/getting married/moving insanity period. When I finally got around to making a new batch, it grew mold along with scoby and I had to toss it.
Anybody willing to send me a new starter? I'll pay shipping!
Also, we can't tell Sally that I killed the present she sent me. :hide

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes, because she'll never see this on a public forum. :p

I have some starter and scoby that I would be willing to send you if you can wait until Wednesday probably.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yaaaay! Wednesday is fine, I'm not going to die of kombucha withdrawal before then. :p

My FIL gave me so much crap about the kombucha during the move. He wouldn't let it in his car and referred to it as "that cabbage thing". :gig

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:lol:

Mine originally came from Sally too, so you'll have some more of her distant offspring. Lol.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Not recently, she did post an update on FB though, everything is going well and Sam is slowly recovering.. Hopefully she'll be back home in no time.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I was going to buy the drink at the local health food store and use it for starter. They didn't have any and told me they don't know if they can get more of the plain version. I may need to get one from one of y'all too.