I love living in the country

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
found this...

The young people that are protesting, rioting, destroying their world.

My heart bleeds for them.

They are the victims of a massive failed experiment.

They were not allowed to mature into adults. They never will be adults. They are like a dog that has been so thoroughly abused that it has become totally vicious and has to be put down. These feral children are no longer human. They will never know the glory their minds are capable of. They will never know love of another, because they are incapable of loving themselves. They are being used by uncaring masters, and when the masters are done with them, they will be destroyed, as any dangerous vicious animal must be destroyed.

It is too late to try to save them. We must taste the ashes of our failure.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As per my usual way of looking at things I'm on the other side of this issue. I don't believe that kids now are a 'throw-a-way' generation. I worked for 17 years with kids who really shouldn't have succeeded. I worked with the poorest of the poor. I worked with abused children. I worked with kids who had no reason to succeed. But, succeed they did.

I worked with a young lady who, after her mom re-married, moved out of her house into a metal storage building on their property. She had an extension cord to run a fan in the summer and a space heater in the winter. Our department bought her an electric blanket for winter use that was much safer than her heater. We bought her a port-a-potty so she didn't have to go outside at night to use the bathroom - because she was locked out of the house. This young lady worked every day at an after school job to buy her own clothes and groceries because her piece of crap parents wouldn't feed or clothe her. She was driven to get out of her situation and she went on to graduate 3rd in her class. Her parents didn't even attend her graduation. She got a full ride to Sam Houston State where she went on to attain her Bachelors degree. She didn't stop there. She earned her PhD in psychology and is now working with kids that grew up like she did.

I worked with a family that had 5 sons and they live(d) in a 2 bedroom small mobile home. Opposite situation with their parents. Those kids were loved and raised well. I never spoke to one of those boys that didn't answer me with a yes ma'am. I hired three of those kids over the years to be my farm helpers. I paid them 10.00 an hour when minimum wage was only 6ish. I've never seen anyone work as hard as these kids did. Many times I would pay them and they'd ask me to take them to the grocery store so they could purchase food for the family. I would always feed them lunch and the first time they were here they stopped at one sandwich. I asked if they wanted seconds and they asked if it was ok? Of course it's ok! I think they wiped out an entire loaf of bread and package of luncheon meat. I made them a cake once and they ate the entire thing, lol. They didn't have money to eat much at home.

Another time after I paid them they borrowed some gas cans and bought gas for their father's truck so he could get back and forth to work. One year for Thanksgiving I gave their family a large turkey because I had an extra and in turn they made tamales for me. You couldn't just 'give' them anything - they always reciprocated. They weren't rich but they were proud, honest folks. Great family that raised great kids.

I worked with another kid who turned out to be "dreamer." This kid fooled us for years, lol. Told us he couldn't find his birth certificate and numerous other stories. Did he lie to us - yep. Did he go to school every single day? Yes. This is a kid who went to school for his entire school career and never missed a single day of school for all those years. He participated in our after school program - every single day. He participated in all our Saturday functions - and never missed a day. He, like most others in our program, gave up 6 weeks of his summer vacation to participate in our summer program - every single day. He was an average student - but he gave every ounce of himself to everything he did.

One of the poorest kids in our program went on to win a Gates Millenium Scholarship. She received a full-ride to Rice University and is now in medical school. Should she have succeeded - probably not. Her mother was in and out of prison and spent most of her time high. Did her two daughters go on to be successful adults - yep.

Our students did community service projects above and beyond the opportunities that we provided for them to do so. They went to nursing homes, they picked trash up off the streets, they read to little kids in day care, and when one of our students was killed they organized a trail ride to honor their fallen comrade and to raise money for the family.

Please don't lump every kid into the negative actions of a few. There are serious, hard-working, honest young people out there just trying to make a positive difference in this world. I am privileged to have been able to spend 17 years of my life in their presence. They taught me more than I could ever have taught them.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't think the person who wrote that was talking about all young people. You'll notice they specifically targeted the ones who have been rioting. I would also point out the ones who are toppling statues and want to Erase History, who insist that a white woman lick their boots as pay back for the years of slavery. I agree with the writer that these people have no empathy for lives they have destroyed, for history that deserves to be remembered for good or ill. Their leaders have stated they want to burn, loot, rape and kill. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but to me, they are barely human.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am not lumping kids like you described into the group of thinking they are entitled. There are lots of hard working kids, and we have had some work for us on the farm and do other jobs. I am talking about the "over privileged ones" that have all the advantages and fail to grow up and take responsibility for themselves and their actions. I am talking about the ones that have their parents to clean up their messes, cover up their screwups, make excuses for their actions. The ones doing all this rioting are not kids like you worked with.... they are ones that have had it too good, yet feel that they are owed even more. Those are the ones that are going to ruin this country for the ones that you worked with, that have a sense of self and respect and belief in the "good old American way" and ethics of hard work and the rewards of doing for yourself and those you care about like those boys.
There are not a "few" doing all this damage and destruction. There are many, and most won't hold a decent job, or be willing to do any job that they believe is "below them" even if it is a job that will pay them a fair wage. There is little respect from the privileged, for the mundane, hard working jobs, like manual labor. How many of these destructive ones do you think would care or respect you for the things you do as a "homesteader" self reliant type? They would tear your place apart or burn it down because they have no respect. Yes some of it is learned..... but you worked with kids that mostly did not have good role models and they WANTED to be better and did not expect it to be handed to them. Those are the ones I HOPE will inherit this country, but it is not looking good at this point. I have never been so disgusted by actions of people that I see now. Tearing down statues, burning down businesses, taking over part of a city, with guns and all they proclaim is so terrible, are not solving anything. It isn't going to put food into their mouths or keep them warm in the cold.
I am all for some of the peaceful protest, to get the issues out in the open that maybe some don't/WON'T see.... but you still have to be a responsible member of society. Your "kids" are examples of that. These other idiots are not.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ladies / Gentleman SHTF pretty quick. It's about to get very real, real fast.

Fact... You can only push people so far, before they fight back. Everyone has their breaking point. When they do fight back, I can guarantee It ain't gonna be pretty. I'm just trying to alert you all to the facts.

i just want to erase 2020 off the calendar, like it never even happened and it ain't even July yet.

has anyone got this stuck under their wiper? I don't know if this is some stupid kids joke or real honestly.
IMG_20200629_205358.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not lumping kids like you described into the group of thinking they are entitled. There are lots of hard working kids, and we have had some work for us on the farm and do other jobs. I am talking about the "over privileged ones" that have all the advantages and fail to grow up and take responsibility for themselves and their actions. I am talking about the ones that have their parents to clean up their messes, cover up their screwups, make excuses for their actions. The ones doing all this rioting are not kids like you worked with.... they are ones that have had it too good, yet feel that they are owed even more. Those are the ones that are going to ruin this country for the ones that you worked with, that have a sense of self and respect and belief in the "good old American way" and ethics of hard work and the rewards of doing for yourself and those you care about like those boys.
There are not a "few" doing all this damage and destruction. There are many, and most won't hold a decent job, or be willing to do any job that they believe is "below them" even if it is a job that will pay them a fair wage. There is little respect from the privileged, for the mundane, hard working jobs, like manual labor. How many of these destructive ones do you think would care or respect you for the things you do as a "homesteader" self reliant type? They would tear your place apart or burn it down because they have no respect. Yes some of it is learned..... but you worked with kids that mostly did not have good role models and they WANTED to be better and did not expect it to be handed to them. Those are the ones I HOPE will inherit this country, but it is not looking good at this point. I have never been so disgusted by actions of people that I see now. Tearing down statues, burning down businesses, taking over part of a city, with guns and all they proclaim is so terrible, are not solving anything. It isn't going to put food into their mouths or keep them warm in the cold.
I am all for some of the peaceful protest, to get the issues out in the open that maybe some don't/WON'T see.... but you still have to be a responsible member of society. Your "kids" are examples of that. These other idiots are not.

Good always wins in the end.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
has anyone got this stuck under their wiper? I don't know if this is some stupid kids joke or real honestly.
Likely some white supremist stirring the pot. Most of the black folks in our town are totally tired of the whole mess. My friend and former co-worker said if anyone else asks her how she feels about the George Floyd thing or BLM - she's gonna deck 'em, lol! (and she's totally anti-violent)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just saw something on Facebook-- a cop was saying how they got a request for police for security at a .... wait for it....
Defund the Police demonstration!

You can't make this stuff up!