I now have a cider press.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My FIL :old had this old cider press that we used years ago. It was sitting in the corner of one of his old buildings with the legs sinking into the dirt floor. I finally got to the place where I couldn't stand it anymore so I went over and got it this afternoon. I'm thinking of trying my hand at making some real ACV this fall.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Isn't ACV made by fermenting like wine before it turns to vinegar?
Maybe your FIL has some carboys to go with that press.
I'd love to get my hands on a press; you are lucky! :D

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh WOW!!! That is SO cool!!! I wish I had a cider press! Congrats on the new toy!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Cool! I hope to make some ACV this fall, too. There are some great instructions on another thread, can't remember which, though! I copied them to my recipe notebook, though. I hope to get some drops, lots of orchards around here. I will have to use my Vitamix and strain them, unless I can find a juicer to borrow. Can you believe I just gave mine away a few months ago???? We hadn't used it in years. I shoulda known better.... :barnie

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I am soooooo jealous right now! Hey, Tallman and Free.....I have the apples....you all come to my place and we'll squeeze the heck out of apples and make ACV to our heart's content....howzaboutit? :D

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I am soooooo jealous right now! Hey, Tallman and Free.....I have the apples....you all come to my place and we'll squeeze the heck out of apples and make ACV to our heart's content....howzaboutit? :D
Sounds good. Leave the light on for us.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I made homemade chicken sausage gumbo and whole wheat bread last night....should have been here! Yum! And that was one of my own chickens! :)