I SOOO Wanted to Crash Their Party

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
How about sharing a nice dozen of eggs, you know the ones with poop on them? :lol: Tell 'em "oh, just wash the poop off, it's what we do"
OMG lol! So my coworker wanted a doz eggs, so I sold her some. She is a very clean person, always changing clothes if she gets a dirt spec on them. So I hand her my "cleanest" dozen and tell her they look gross, but DON'T wash them until you eat them. She hasn't asked for another dozen since, lol.

She wants chickens, but someone else to take care of their.yucky selves. I dunno, I love holding my chickens lol.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
chickenone said:
Uh-oh- I don't have any pigs...I don't wear jammies in public...and I certainly don't buy my clothes at WalMart. Does that make me a *gulp* yuppie?
Me neither, but I'm not afraid to get dirty and prefer to figure out how to do more with less, rather than acquire more junk to fill up a ginormous house. I definitely think there's more to being a 'yuppie' than those 3 qualities. :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
chickenone said:
Uh-oh- I don't have any pigs...I don't wear jammies in public...and I certainly don't buy my clothes at WalMart. Does that make me a *gulp* yuppie?
Me neither, but I'm not afraid to get dirty and prefer to figure out how to do more with less, rather than acquire more junk to fill up a ginormous house. I definitely think there's more to being a 'yuppie' than those 3 qualities. :D
I don't wear my jammies in public, don't have pigs, and don't buy my clothes (normally) in Wal-Mart. I shop at the best store for the majority of my clothes-TSC. :hide

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
eh- some of my best friends live in beautiful houses and have nice things. They shop at Talbots and Coldwater Creek. It doesn't mean they are bad people. Different strokes for different folks, I always say.

I have been known to get things at TSC on occasion- a coat to wear for feeding livestock, and muck boots. But my "public" wardrobe is a tiny bit more upscale. ;)

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The people we are renting from are just golden. Truly warm and wonderful people. She color coordinates everything, has more knick-knacks than you can shake a stick at, and always dresses like she's going somewhere. I do not consider them to be yuppies. They don't mind getting manure on their shoes (though they carefully scrape it off before coming into their home, because she does not want it on the laminate or stone floors).

Naw the whole thing is not having a LIFE, just the pretense of one, and looking down their noses at the production side of things. They are happy to eat "market fresh" veggies, they love shopping at the farmer's market, but they really don't want to know where any of it comes from. Not up close and personal, anyway.

I would NEVER wear jammies to Wal-Mart. That is just SO not my style, I think that getting dressed before I leave the house is fairly important. I just don't feel the need to dress UP every time I leave the house. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think it is a pretense of life....just cause you eat bacon but don't kill and skin the hog, doesn't mean you don't have a life :lol:

People choose their life. If they shop at a farmer market and buy fresh local produce, they are supporting the community and want good foods to eat---they just want to buy instead of garden in the yard.
I am up to my butt in manure and WIPE my feet before coming in the house also, I don't want that crap in my home either :D

I don't see anything wrong with people not having a garden, not having livestock at all.

I own a car and I could care less how it is produced. I don't want to be up close and personal on car production LOL so I guess the same goes for foods that people put on their plates.

What is a yuppie anyway? I think I was a yuppie, then I became a person who wanted horses to enjoy---then I dropped down to farmer. OH MY GOSH the work involved...lol but I enjoyed it thru the years cause I love animals. But now I am heading back to yuppie I guess. I will use money to obtain alot of my products now instead of producing myself....and yup, that is me...the one riding the bike for exercise and not to the store for shopping :p

This made me think of Jeff Foxworthy.....Redneck time :lol:

Life is what YOU want it to be. No one has the right to say how someone else lives is not a life. To them, we are nuts owning stinky azz hogs...being a slave to the farm and animals all the while they are enjoying their life thinking we are crackpots HA HA

I lived both ways. It is good in both worlds to me :weee

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I too have lived both ways. HUbby was in the Air Force for 20 years. We lived..." upscale" for a lot of those years. Kids dressed well, good haircuts....daughter had matching bows for each outfit. We ate well...and spoke proper english only. Now, he is retired...and so is that part of our lives. We are more laid back, easy going...yes, we get dirty...( alot) and work hard for our food. Being I have been on both sides...I have to say, I like THIS side much more!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I definitely think there are so many changes in ones life...and lifestyles that go along with those changes.

Nice thing is you can flip around, do what you can when younger, change when older, do your own thing.