I spend all that money....

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
.....on fancy nesting boxes in the coop and this is what my hens want to lay in!!!
100_1743.jpg

But at least I found a use for a washtub with a hole in it! :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
When you gotta lay an egg, you gotta lay an egg.

That is a very cute photo, you shold submit it to the "photo of the week".

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
The hens probably feel secure - deep nest, high sides, they can hunker down and hide or peek over the edge to keep on eye out for the next hen wanting to use it! :gig

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It is currently sitting on top of a broken push mower in the lean to of the shed. You should see the girls make a break for that lean to every morning and then fight over who's gonna get in there first!!! :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That is funny :D

I have a nice comfy covered pen with pine bedding and a large igloo for the ducks and Chrissy still wants to lay under a tool box up on cinder blocks. Crazy critters!

P.S. How do you submit a picture of the week anyway?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wifezilla -- send your picture to either Quail or I (there is a thread in the Feedback section of this site).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I finally solved the whole need to lay outside thingy. I couldn't let them lay low because I have an egg-suckin' LGD that cannot be broken of it...no bad taste or smell deters The Scavenger Supreme. :rolleyes:

So....I found where they were laying in a nest they made on the top of a hay stack and where I can still reach to gather. They think they are getting by with laying outside in a secret nest...and I am going to let them think that all they want! Darn biddies! Those luxury nests all sitting empty.... :he

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My buff/khaki mutt and one of my Welsh Harlequins started laying recently. I find their eggs EVERYWHERE! Only my old reliable runner actually lays eggs inside their igloo....unless she sneaks under a tool box we have elevated on some blocks...LOL. ANd they wonder why I don't let them out of the pen at dawn! :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
same here... they'd rather lay IN the goat's feeder. nice. i have two rows of luxurious nest boxes with fresh clean straw! com'on girls right this way!

nope.

its kinda like buying cat toys - they'd rather play with the paper bag you brought them home in.... sigh.....