I wanna make an apron

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
do ya'll have an online pattern for an apron. Not a real fancy one, 'cause I'm not the best seamstress.

I can't afford to buy one from etsy. I have a TON of fabric and Lord knows I have plenty of time.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have one.

I find when I'm cooking or doing dishes, I wipe my hands on the bottom of my t-shirt. I'm a very messy cook so I walk away with grease stains on my shirt and flour in my hair.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like me, that is why I wear aprons :lol:
Otherwise all my shirts would have stains across the belly area an the bottoms :rolleyes:

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
how cool is this?

one pattern, she suggests making the apron and using it as wrapping "paper" to give a cook book as a gift.

now that is nifty!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cut a pillowcase along the seams. Then cut one side in half. And sew a ribbon on the long end.

This one I am selling on Etsy (I miss my chicken):
4265087448_458d8dba63.jpg

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Just take a ruler or tape measure and measure on yourself where you want it to go. Like, how wide across your front do you want it to be; how far below your waist do you want it to hang down; if you want a full apron, how wide and tall do you want the top half. Transfer measurements to sheet of newspaper, cut out, hold it up against you to make sure you still like the fit, then cut out of fabric (add seam allowances when cutting!!), hem, attach ties, and there ya go :p

Pat