I want one!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
geesh that Ram must have been pretty desperate, or blind!!!
Good one!
AnimatedPigFramed-1.gif

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
From craigslist:

Boar buckling ready to go. He is 65%boar,color is white with brown head.175.00 obo

I think it's a goat, but then again, maybe wild pig?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW!! I want some too!! I contacted a breeder...on the west coast..only breeder I could find...I hope thier prices are low enough for us to start our OWN "herd" LOL
So, I already heard back from the breeder. WOW!! He said they sell them for around $220 a head, in batches of 50!!!! OK, I did the math, and that = WOW!!!!!!!! Too rich for MY blood!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
$220 a head, in batches of 50!!!! OK, I did the math, and that = WOW!!!!!!!! Too rich for MY blood!
the return is supposed to be amazing, though. way out of reach for us too, unfortunantly. and so many breeders only want to sell neutered males so that you can't start your own sustainable mob... tsk.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I recieved another E Mail from them. He keeps asking me what I would offer for a boar, and 2 sows. I really dont want to insult them with what we can actually afford....and told him so. I explained that we just want them for our personal use, and not to become big time breeders. He said there was a farm in the "midwest" but didnt elaborate where exactly. I am still waiting for his reply.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, $220 a head? That's not really as bad as I thought. That batch of 50 is a little extreme! Is that price for weanlings or grown? I wonder what their potential is? You kow developing a possible market for meat and one for the hides. I wonder if the hair is as soft as wool or if it is coarse?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Sunny said:
I want one too.

But since they are so rare. I dont think I would want to eat one to find out if the bacon tasted the same. I guess you couldnt make pig skins to eat with that one. But you could make a rug. LOL..
Can you imagine how GOOD that rug would smell? Your whole house would smell like ham! :drool
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny!!!! :gig

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And people think scalding and plucking a chicken is bad!

It's already a multiple person task to scald and scrape a NORMAL pig, could you imagine having to scald and scrape one of THOSE things!?!?!

They are really cool looking though!

I want one too.

Just not 50 of them. LMAO