Ibicella - Apartments to Acres

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My D2 was a real rat lover. When she was a kid she used to dress them up in doll clothes and even had one rat that would let her brush it's teeth!

I used to tell people we didn't have a big rodent ... it was just a VERY small dog!

We always had our rats one at a time, but we had them for years!

Ibicella

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
So, I've been too chicken to actually go dumpster diving, but I was out for a walk yesterday foraging for some wild greens (got some nice dandelions and cattail shoots), and I happened to walk past one of the dumpsters of my complex and found a really good usable table just sitting next to the dumpster. Surprised anybody would just junk it, I got curious and looked in the dumpster.

Somebody must have been doing spring cleaning, because there was a TON of perfectly good mens clothing in there! I usually wear a lot of men's clothing even though I'm a woman, especially jeans, so this was a grand find. Some that had never been worn, some that had been worn and were lightly stained or had a minor hole in it (easily patched), and some I think they just wanted to get out of their house. Maybe somebody had chucked an old boyfriend? Hmmm...

I've been needing new clothes but unable to afford them, and the rest I couldn't use were perfectly donatable. I grabbed what I could carry, but had to leave the rest.

I now have all the new jeans I've been needing, two pairs of lounge pants, a whole set of new socks, a really expensive and perfectly good pair of leather and kevlar welding gloves, a Raiders hat (my honey was so proud of that, lol), a bamboo pole to stir junk the next time I visit the dumpsters, and two bags of clothing I can wash and donate to charity.

Wish I could have grabbed the table, but that was too much for me to carry back and haul up three flights of stairs.

I'm a dumpster diving convert now! Whoo hoo! :D

Ibicella

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It was too big and heavy for me. What a pity. :(