Ice cream alternatives

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got some Azomite also Bay... My critters don't love it and if given the choice they leave it in favor of kelp and their minerals. BUT, I put it around some broccollini plants that were looking a little cruddy...purple-ish leaves which Google said could be a mineral deficiency. Put some Azomite around 'em and in less than a week those plants are beautiful and producing their first broccollini buds! Good stuff!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hinotori, so true about serving sizes! I was raised on "4 servings of fruits" which I understood as "4 pieces of fruit". WHO KNEW that a medium size apple was enough fruit?

I like ice cream as a vehicle for seeds and nuts, but so true that 2 oz of ice cream is very satisfying - especially with peanut butter and sunflower seeds on it. Yum!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ice cream with nuts and chocolate must be healthy! It must, it must, it must...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And I gave in and picked up some vanilla ice cream yesterday. Then I pulled some of the last frozen blueberries out and cooked them with a bit of honey to make a topping.

Sometimes just have to have the real thing

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love making a blueberry or strawberry sauce for pancakes but I haven't tried it for ice cream. That sounds pretty good. I only eat vanilla ice cream for root beer floats. The only way I like root beer.

Latest posts