iDEAS FOR PLANTING RADISHES...

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I like radishes every so often in my salad. Do they freeze or can well... other storage ideas? I was thinking of planting them between carrots along with beets. But like I said I only like them once in awhile in a salad. I guess I could "grow" to like them more if I didn't have to BUY them to eat them. :lol:

Any receipes that call for radish would be appreciated as well.

:pop

Laureli

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
First off, spread out your planting. Figure out the earliest you can plant them, then space them out to the last that you can plant them. If you're going to want more after that, try growing some inside in containers. They're fairly easy to grow in containers.

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:D Thank ya any more ideas :pop

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They work well being planted with cucumbers as they keep certain bugs away.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And they work well with carrots; They germinate much faster so they both mark the row, and break the soil open for the little carrot seedlings to poke through.
Some people cook radishes, though I never have. They are nice shredded into salad or coleslaw - kind of a pain with the little ones; I'm thinking more about the bigger ones - the German or Japanese types. The main point of the radish is the crisp crunch - canning or freezing or dehydrating would get rid of that.

desertcat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I put some sliced in stir fries and even my radish-hating husband thought they were pretty tasty. Nice and crunchy with just a little bit of radish heat.