1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Farm Dogs
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Ideas/ways to re-use/recycle "rubbish"?

Discussion in 'Trash To Treasure - Joys Of Recycling' started by sumi, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Aug 19, 2017
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Almost Self-Reliant

Extension cords can be folded & stuck inside the tubes, makes a great egg candler -- egg at one end & high power flash light at other.

Garden -- cut long way & pry them around those new tomatoe plants next yr -- cutworm protection. Old panty hose legs are great if you need to use seven dust. Fill the leg, hang it among the plants and jiggle....the powdery fine dust gets all over those leaves. Fast & great coverage with little waste. Just walk & jiggle.

I have a lot of the large pill bottles, always find a use for them! label & store. (From 5 yrs of mom living here).

YES -- I recycle. It can get messy tho :hide My outside treasure piles can get large. But it is SURE a help for projects and emergency repairs! :cool:

sumi likes this.
  2. Aug 19, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

That is so cool!

3. Aug 20, 2017
    baymule

baymule Super Self-Sufficient

I love the farm trash sculpture. Makes me want a small welder. My barn is wired for one....

sumi likes this.
  4. Aug 21, 2017
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Almost Self-Reliant

Toilet paper and paper towel tubes can be donated to any local zoo or humane society and to many pet stores. They use them for habitats for small animals, and also for toys. We always collected them.

5. Sep 6, 2017
    Hinotori

Hinotori Super Self-Sufficient

So I saw a neat little picture of a basically free diy cell phone speaker booster.

Needed was 2 empty water bottles and a toilet roll tube. One pair of scissors later plus 15 minutes for me to make my holes and cut off the bottle ends.

It does work to amplify the sound and was free. This is going in the bathroom for my showers.

20170905_223720.jpg

Old tried and true method, which I tested against was to put the phone in a bowl. My double sized bowls work best. Same volume increase.

20170905_223749.jpg

Beekissed, sumi and lcertuche like this.
  6. Sep 6, 2017
    lcertuche

lcertuche Almost Self-Reliant

I use to stuff them with dryer lint for fire starters.

frustratedearthmother likes this.