Ideas/ways to re-use/recycle "rubbish"?

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow. I almost don't know what to say. I have to say that I admire your spirit and your heart. You are one hell of a man to have the positive attitude that you do after what you have been through.
Thanks, to add more stress, this morning at 6:24 I was served by Deputy via my now ex-wife for comtemp for not allowing her to take my son back to MS with her ex-con (murder) boyfriend which had hit my son on a prier visit. I have to appear in court the 22 so please pray for us. I can't afford an attorney as you all know, so will try to defend myself. She had two kids by him before we were divorced.

Last edited:

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Now has a third child and they aren't married. I patched the hole in the living room a couple days ago with a friend helping. So now the cold won't come down nore heat go up, it'll be warmer. Still need to connect the water lines inside the basement using Pex to a sand filter, whole house filter then to a Pex maniblock. Between the brakes on my truck, charging system, house damage she left and now the contempt its a bit stressful, but the Lord has a plan.

chefsdreams

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was gonna write about how i used an old egg carton to grow some herbs for the kitchen window sill. but, as usual, i see the things you guys do and i feel a little inadequate. . . (just kidding). it isn't only the things that get built, but the creativity! (with the possible exception of repainting the rocking chair... (i love the picture of the doggies, by the way)

This is why i keep coming back to this site. You guys provide me with continual insight and optimism. I'm gonna go out and wander the neighborhood and see if i can't find something to do with myself. :thumbsup

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is an awesome coop. My dh is the pack rat here and I am so glad he is because I am always looking for scrap this and that and it's now become my "treasure pile" too. Good name for it.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also save, collect, repurpose...
I always use empty pill bottles for screws, washers, marbles, one day pill bottles, small trip games/diversions or treats for my grandkids when they travel ( they are fabulous to fill with all kinds of small things to be opened when mom is desperate or when they get to a certain destination), organizing my junk drawer, and "trip souvenirs". My son has a collection of these in his room from all over the country "sand from: "White Sand, NM", "Yellowstone", "Delray Beach, FL", "Indiana Dunes" , small shells and beach treasures from the Great Lakes, Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River... dried up bugs, locust shells, robins eggs, and small dried lizards, or shed snake skins or butterflies he found and wanted to keep (sooo much better than having him collecting things in his pockets! We use a sharpie to write where he got it with the dates and who was on the trip.
They're perfect for all kinds of seeds and can be frozen. They're great fun for geocaching, and help organize game pieces. They work well for collecting spare change in my car, and keeping my car consul neater. We pay for a lot of meds. I hate to throw away those bottles (when you get meds 3 months at a time, the bottles are bigger and can be used for sooo much more!)
IMG_20170804_194255.jpg

We recently raided a recycle bin and got a whole bunch of plain cardboard. We used it between the rows in our garden to keep weeds down.
I use coffee cans as pots for new plants
We drilled holes in the top of an old cooler, filled it with shredded paper, dirt and straw and made a worm bed.
Drier lint make a great fire starter...
Old nylons are fabulous for hanging onions or things you want to dry, and also for tying up tomato plants, blackberry vines, etc...

Attachments

• IMG_20170804_194732.jpg
    IMG_20170804_194732.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20170804_194808.jpg
    IMG_20170804_194808.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited: