Ideas/ways to re-use/recycle "rubbish"?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have painted in the past but the Wildbunch have lost all my art supplies. I'm thinking I might take it up again. I've been wanting to do a pen and ink of the old courthouse around the corner or maybe our church or both.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wonder if a person could collect used paraffin from salons where they do hot wax pedicures and manicures? Sort of like collecting the hair they clip for compost, it would be a great way to reuse something that would ordinarily be trashed.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trying to remove it from the paper and remove the hair. Eww.

Even with manicures, all the dead skin and bacteria.

I think it has to be trashed because if health code standards. I know mom had to down in Oregon when she was doing facial waxes. Everything has to be that customer only and no redipping in a wax pot. People have caught some nasty skin diseases from salons where proper steps weren't taken. Hence the tougher rules

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Trying to remove it from the paper and remove the hair. Eww.

Even with manicures, all the dead skin and bacteria.

I think it has to be trashed because if health code standards. I know mom had to down in Oregon when she was doing facial waxes. Everything has to be that customer only and no redipping in a wax pot. People have caught some nasty skin diseases from salons where proper steps weren't taken. Hence the tougher rules

I wasn't thinking of using the wax from hair removal...too difficult to recycle, but as the the skin and bacteria in the other, I thought folks were burning them? If they were sealing jam jars, I could see the ick factor, but TP roles(ick...who knows what bacteria has been deposited on those during the bathroom activities) and dryer lint isn't going to be ingested, merely burned.