Ignore - posted to by accident

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I don't like it being in Ohio. :somad That's just really to far. Over 2300 miles for me. I can't go.

That just flat out sucks!!!!

Grumble grumble!!!!!

:rant

gina
Awww, :hugs Gina. Maybe you west coasters need to have one??? Wish you could find a way to come...sounds like its going to be a blast!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I would suggest going with your dates of July 16-17, give folks some time to plan and seems to be a better date in general.

Nothing is harvested during this time, folks have had time to spend with family members and looking to have a little get away and spend together.

That is my vote, figured in....

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
July 30-31

I'm not 100% sure if we'd be able to make it or not (depends on finances at the time), but if we can, the only date we'd be able to make it would be July 30-31.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
big brown horse said:
That sounds like fun! I wish I lived closer!! Got any extra rooms there in Ohio? ;)

Maybe we can do one over here on the west coast at the same time and report in the next day?

Anyone closer to me? I would love to come to one...:barnie Don't we have have a member site map somewhere?
I'm closer to you- but the apt is little so I can't host any events.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
xpc said:
It's a 10 hour drive for me but you better make it a 3 day weekend because if I bring my world famous Kentucky moonshine the hangovers will be legendary, you will get a DWI two days after you stop drinking it.
The camp over date should depend on when that moonshine is ready.
:lol:

I'll only need to know the date in advance to ask for the day/s off work. I work Fridays and Saturdays. :/

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We have to be sure and check on the LIVE ANIMALS rules. Sometimes State Parks might have special rules about that. If they are cool with it I think it would be great to bring our chickens LIVE and then clean them as a demo and then eat them as a demo. Over the campfire roasted or cooked in a cast iron spider or whatever.

We usually camp in places that are considered primitive and bring our own water anyway.

End of July is good for me as well. That way all of the gardens are in and we haven't hit major canning season just yet. If we each think up something we know best how to do and then share the knowledge we can have a blast! I love the idea of a barter as well, maybe seeds tools and who knows what. I also think people should be allowed to sell some of their stuff as well. There are so many folks on this forum that make awesome quilts, soaps and other goodies they should have an opportunity to make a little "traveling cash". That could also be great.

We will need a "gathering place" at the campground, so maybe like an extra camping spot or two that we all share. I would get with the campground and find out what are PEAK times for them and how they would handle a large reservation. Maybe they have other good ideas available as well.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I can't remember if any of the members live in Oregon . . . that would be a great place for a west coast SS get together. Preferably someone who lives on the Oregon coast. :)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
We have to be sure and check on the LIVE ANIMALS rules. Sometimes State Parks might have special rules about that. If they are cool with it I think it would be great to bring our chickens LIVE and then clean them as a demo and then eat them as a demo. Over the campfire roasted or cooked in a cast iron spider or whatever.
That's kinda funny because a park warden may misconstrue the slaughtering of chickens and goats a bit differently then us SS pagans (said with a half way grin).

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:

We usually camp in places that are considered primitive and bring our own water anyway.

End of July is good for me as well. That way all of the gardens are in and we haven't hit major canning season just yet. If we each think up something we know best how to do and then share the knowledge we can have a blast! I love the idea of a barter as well, maybe seeds tools and who knows what. I also think people should be allowed to sell some of their stuff as well. There are so many folks on this forum that make awesome quilts, soaps and other goodies they should have an opportunity to make a little "traveling cash". That could also be great.

We will need a "gathering place" at the campground, so maybe like an extra camping spot or two that we all share. I would get with the campground and find out what are PEAK times for them and how they would handle a large reservation. Maybe they have other good ideas available as well.
Great ideas! I'll do some more checking on regulations, etc. tomorrow and let ya'll know what I find out. ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
That is kind of what I thought. :p

That is why BEFORE we plan on offing a pig to roast or even bringing birds to barter we need to find out what the rules are at the park.