I'm for sale!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok, not really - I'm free!

I turn 18 in June, then I go bye-bye. Anyone want to take me, a cat, 6 goats, a couple chickens and ducks in?

Will work for food & board :frow

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What kind of goats, and do you require running water? :lol:

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you're serious, you could come to Oregon. I wouldn't be able to give you a free ride, I have to cover my own rent, but I'm looking to rent a house right now. Been out to see 3, but I'm looking for the perfect one. I might move anytime between now and September, depending on when I find the right place. Needs a good size kitchen, and a place I can keep my chickens and so forth.

I'm in school still, and as of yet only have one roomie lined up. You're welcome to come out. :) OSU is an ag shcool, as well, and has a great community around it. Most places like I'm looking at out here are between 900 and 1500, usually with 3 or 4 bedrooms, so rent splits accordingly.

Sorry I can't put you up just on a work basis! Good luck finding someone who can. :)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Seriously? Are your parents like kicking you out or something? lol. My dad briefly tried to get rid of me. Turns out he likes me too much, and I'm free labour ;) No house renovations would get done without me :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I might be living in Mo by then you never know. You are more than welcome to come help me. "Many hands make light work", that's what Grandma used to say.

I can see it now, the traveling Blackbird. Roaming form one SS'er to the next bestowing his wisdom and hand crafted goods upon us.

sounds great!!!

gina

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Actually, Gina has a point there in a way. I know a lot of us have goats and are already do fine with them... but I know a lot of us (cough, me) don't have them yet and want them but are fairly afraid of the new venture.

Teaching a skill can go a long way.

I will also chime in, though, that I hope you're finishing high school missy because it really does make a difference and yada yada ;) (Like I can lecture. I'm like 3 years older than you. lol, negligible).

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I'd love to kick out the DSS and take you in instead!!! :lol:
I'll talk to SO about it :lol:

6 goats, hmmm let me think. I know our old cat won't appreciate any more feline company. But I been wanting goats, and ducks and there is always room for a few more chickens :lol:

So are you serious? Are you going to put on your hiking boots and explore your options outside the parental abode? Not that I blame you. I coudn't get out of hometown fast enough!!! Nor far enough away, I went as far as I could go. I was stopped by the Pacific ocean. I wanted to go to Australia, but it was too difficult to hitchhike there. :gig

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I guess I am serious.

No, I haven't been kicked out yet, but I almost have been many times.

Ideally I could have a full-time job while *trying* to attend college, online, at least get the generals out of the way, at the same time having some place for my animals where I could have access to them twice a day. I can dream, right?

I do not want to, but I could stay here longer, I may end up doing so if I can last that long (end of summer). My mom wants me out, but only for my safety.

A roaming SS'er? Too much stress on the goaters!
I do not require running water, but I do require religious tolerance, if that matters.

:idunno

Latest posts