I'm for sale!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
You are SO sweet Laura! I know we would get along great! When you get that land you know I'll visit. ;)

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
You'll work for room and board, huh?

(think, woman, think!!!)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Somebody with a new homestead needs a friend to help them figure stuff out. I miss living on the land too much to not find a way again, but I don't know "When".
I thought about making an intentional community even, but it would take lots of $$$ to get a good chunk of land.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Awww, Merle I woudl adopt you in a heart beat...except that this household is financially unstable and on the brink of collapse!

I think there are plenty of us who could learn lots form you!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd take you in a heartbeat! You would be such a great role model for my kids, you would love my husband - everybody does! And um, lets see what else...I can cook. We are financially stable. We have a pool, course this being Ohio we can only use it a few months out of the year :lol:
Aly backed out of her sale of Ernie last week, so I'm still looking for a farm boy :D
I hope you find a happy place to settle :hugs

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish we could let you come. We have 10 acres that we don't live on that are in desperate need of being cleaned up. It just need a camper brought in since it has electric and phone utilities and a well and septic. My goats roamed free with no fences there. Unfortunately we also lost a couple due to coyotes and dogs. The place still has old house/shed/chicken barn debris scattered. And dh and I don't have time to stay there to clean it up. AND you could help take care of my spotted mini donkeys that I am begging my dh for!!!!!!!!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can't extend an offer for a long term arrangement, but if you do end up traveling about, you and your goats, cats, ducks & chickens (And your long hair, and your moon magic!) are more than welcome at my place for a week or a month or two.

Sad situation. I hope you come into a better one soon. :hugs