im going to try and quit smoking once again

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:lol:

You and me both, Sally.

My mom (45) has smoked since she was 12, she's trying to quit again, too! I have hope! Whoo!

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, I seen a hypnotist place the other day, I've heard that works very well for some people.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
:lol:

You and me both, Sally.

My mom (45) has smoked since she was 12, she's trying to quit again, too! I have hope! Whoo!

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, I seen a hypnotist place the other day, I've heard that works very well for some people.
:gig I saw a hypnotist 3 times! Didn't help a bit.

I used the patch a couple of times too, I then figured out I could smoke WITH the patch and wouldn't die, so I did.
I hate gum, so couldn't get that to work. the lozenges are slimy and gross. I picked up some Stonewall candy type things, and found out I'm allergic to nicotine in my throat - makes it swell up - so thats out.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I smoked for about 15 years and then tapered off and stopped without patches, drugs, gum, e-cigarettes, etc. (those were the days before quitting smoking had become such a big business). IMO, quitting is about 90% mental. Get your head around the fact that you don't smoke anymore, accept that you don't need substitute for cigarettes (just like nonsmokers don't need a substitute), and you'll be home free. Good luck!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The nicotine actually replaces your brain's own neurotransmitters, so it takes some time for production of the neurotransmitters to ramp up after so many years. This explains some of the jitters and foggy thinking, etc....your brain and nervous system can't function properly until your body catches up again. So it is physiological, not just psychological. Understand that your body needs support during the healing process.

So you can support this process through FANTASTIC nutrition during this time, and take plenty of B-Complex supplements. It is really hard to overdose on B's, so you can take more than the label says. Double or triple doses will not be harmful. Your pee will be really yellow, though! B vitamins support the nervous system. Calcium and a multi might also be useful. Get something good...you can afford it if you are not buying cigs....and forget the hard capsules in the grocery store like Centrum and One-A-Day, they are junk.

A tea made with the white parts and roots of scallions, chopped ginger root (scrubbed but no need to peel it), simmered for 30 min, add some honey and drink 2-3 cups a day will help clear your lungs. It sounds nasty, but is actually quite good. You can add a regular tea bag to your mug when you drink it if you like.

The green parts of the scallions are wonderful in soups or fresh on salads, so use those up, too. You can freeze them by snipping them into maybe half inch pieces and simply put them in a ziploc and toss in the freezer. Toss a handful, frozen, into broth when you make a soup. Yum.

You go, girl! :thumbsup

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
smoke chamomile. it makes nicotine make you vomit :D

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd like to quit as well... Two questions. Is there any suppliment or herbal or otherwise that can cleanse the system out so the withdrawl isn't so bad. And once you pass the 72 hour mark, is there another suppliment or something one can use to clean all the junk out of your lungs?

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One thing that helped me when I had a bad craving was to take the deepest breath I possibly could, filling my lungs until they felt like they would burst, hold the breath for a little bit and then blow out slowly as you would when smoking... Hope that made sense! Another thing, tell someone when you are having a bad craving, that helped me too, just aknowledging that it is a craving out loud and that the craving would pass. Good luck! you CAN do it, and it will make you feel so much better!