I'm such a redneck

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bay & I think alike, I was wondering that too. Guess we just aren't "keggers" :D But it looks nice and I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CO2 gas is used to force beer out of the kegs but more importantly it protects the beer from spoilage bacteria, including oxygenation. It also protects the beer for a long period of time. The first pour tastes the same as the last pour. Its the same kind of setup they use in taverns. Mine is just rednecked.

If you ever drank beer from pump kegs at parties. You'll notice it starts off tasting good but ends tasting like crap. That's because every time you pump the keg, your pumping oxygen into the beer, which oxygenates the beer.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here is a better picture of the CO2 Tank and regulator setup. I just made a simple plywood box that I can screw to the 2x4 collar. Its just to secure the tank so it doesn't fall over. Lots of pressure in that heavy steel CO2 tank. I got the tank from Cintas its a fire suppression national company. When the tank runs out I just take it to them and they exchange it for me.
IMG_20191003_102514924.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t like beer, so it pretty much tastes icky to me.

Maybe it could be that you just never had a good sweet malty delicious beer before. But I'm with you I don't like commercial made beers much either. Especially the lite beers are like drinking water, no flavor profiles what so ever, way over hopped and very low alcohol by volume.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beer tastes like a combination of sweaty socks and cat urine to me. Not that I've ever tasted either of those, but that about sums up my respect for beer. The occasional glass of sweet wine... no more than 3 oz. which I usually cut with some sort of juice is the extent of my tolerance for alcohol. Cough syrup makes my muscles go to jello. I'd be a cheap drunk.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe it could be that you just never had a good sweet malty delicious beer before. But I'm with you I don't like commercial made beers much either. Especially the lite beers are like drinking water, no flavor profiles what so ever, way over hopped and very low alcohol by volume.
You have a very good point. I would probably enjoy a bottle of your beer. I pretty much gave up drinking in my younger years, I am already crazy, I don't need any help making a fool out of myself. Alcohol drops what little sense I have. LOL I enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile, but even that is seldom.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Drip tray came in. Its a good heavy duty made in the USA stainless steel one.

IMG_20191008_141828387.jpg

Another project completed :) we went out to dinner last night. I was going to order a beer then I said to myself -why? When I got great tasting ice cold tap beer at home. So I just poured myself a glass when we got home. Much better tasting and a heck of a lot cheaper, plus no worry about driving under the influence.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good idea, drink your own, better tasting and MUCH cheaper! We usually drink water, it pains me to pay for one glass of iced tea, for what I can buy a whole box of tea bags.

Latest posts