In your opinion.........

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
how long do think we have until a breakdown in society? Im just wondering what you guys think.

I think definitely in the next 15 years but more than likely WAY before then.........

:pop

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
In my opinion the breakdown started about 60 years ago. It has been steadily going down hill since then. :/

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well, depends on how you define break down.

Basic stuff has been breaking down for a few generations. Manners, families....

Infrastructure is getting old and no money to fix it...

But if you mean riots and full out police state, it is really hard to guess. I think sometime this generation.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I agree the people and way of society had indeed been decaying and losing our humanity. Im talking mass food shortages, riots, etc.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It is hard to predict and it may even be able to be averted. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The breakdown is ongoing, and HERE, just not so in-your-face yet, so be ready just in case.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't think society will break down. I think it will continue to change, as it has changed from the dawn of time. It is the nature of life.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think it will depend on how many crises hit us. Another bad year for agriculture will be bad but probably still something that can be overcome. A bad year, plus a pandemic.... which we are WAY overdue for... plus the financial crash, might mean that society bites it.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
abifae said:
Well, depends on how you define break down.

Basic stuff has been breaking down for a few generations. Manners, families....

Infrastructure is getting old and no money to fix it...

But if you mean riots and full out police state, it is really hard to guess. I think sometime this generation.
I tend to agree with this assessment. However, I think there might be good and bad pockets. Look at Detroit already....that is already "broken down". I think some communities will fare better. I hope the ones near me will be some of them.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think humans are more resilient than people seem to think. And, I have faith in human nature. Clearly, many people do not. Sad.