Incubator

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will ask my husband. They're his birds, lol. I don't even want to know how low hatch rates would be after shipping, is the big issue!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Probably could. I never had broody chickens until this year so haven't messed around with rearranging eggs. I imagine it would work just fine though.

My adult turkeys are afraid of the chickens. Wimps. They let the chickens eat all their food. They don't seem to know how big they are!

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm finding that out...

Thinking about raising ostriches. Maybe a couple hundred pound ostrich might be enough feed my family for Thanksgiving. I wonder how they taste and what would you bake them in? -:lol

View attachment 4734

EW!!!
I don't even eat my own CHICKENS let alone OSTRICHES!
:sick:sick

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Most of us do eat our chickens. When they quit laying, they then feed us. Lest you think me some sort of a barbarian, I say a prayer over each chicken, thanking God for the chicken and thanking the chicken for giving up her/his life that we might eat. I kill it quickly and humanely in a cone and don't let it flop around.

I do not run an old folks home for chickens. My feed bill is high enough than to carry an animal that doesn't contribute. For those that do want to keep a bunch of old chickens for pets, I am happy for them and their chickens.

My 2 year old grand daughter loves MEAN Rooster Soup!

I don't even care if the roo is mean, I still love him and I won't cook him :(

Latest posts