Inflammatory and Anti-inflammatory foods

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you are interested in knowing the rating of foods and its inflammatory or anti-inflammatory values...this is a great site.
just found it and am checking into the nutrient values of my favorite foods.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1938/2

I was SHOCKED that a raw banana is moderately inflammatory. it rated -115. negative means the foods are inflammatory.
hmmm. I kinda wanted to edit out inflammatory foods. being a banana is moderately inflammatory I guess I can keep eating a few :)

I am experimenting putting in foods and seeing where they stand. I find this interesting. Off to check out this site more since I don't know it well.
hope this interests someone also.

I had my detailed vitamin/mineral report done by the Dr. It was very very interesting to me. I was extemely deficient in some areas and it surprised the heck out of me.
I am correcting those values now. BUT the report also shows mild inflammation in my body. hmm...Dr. said any number of things could cause this at that time the bloodwork was done but it got me interested in inflammatory and anti-infl. foods I eat. so just starting to learn about this.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing their definition of "inflammatory". That makes a great deal of difference when doing any comparison.
Just a thought.
//BT//
Trim sends

flitter

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just your regular old doctor did the vitamin/mineral test? That sounds like it would be great info to have! Neat sight on inflammatory foods.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey flitter

yes my regular Dr. requested the very very detailed vitamin/mineral/immunity test for me. Ins. did not cover it. I paid about $160 for it BUT honestly it was worth every penny.
I know exactly what I am deficient, how my immunity stands and I am correcting all of it.....and since taking what I needed, I actually do feel alot better. So for me it was a very good way to spend some bucks. :p I just turned 50 and never spend money on my health in this way and I figured was I was worth it at this time. It was good info to know and at this age, it was good to know how to correct everything before getting older ;)

Hubby will be getting a test like mine in a little bit. I told him he needs to know also how his body is standing up to aging and what he might be deficient. It will be interesting to compare ours :p, cause I do eat better than him so his system should be shot :lol: :lol: