Interesting Craigslist Ad Hey Free! Gleno says you repsonded to this

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
There is NO WAY I am going to look at cute baby goats on anyone else's farm unless they are NOT for sale! I will be flooded with baby goats soon!

Maybe you two can come for a field trip here to do some disbudding! :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
There is NO WAY I am going to look at cute baby goats on anyone else's farm unless they are NOT for sale! I will be flooded with baby goats soon!

Maybe you two can come for a field trip here to do some disbudding! :p
I am not doing any disbudding!!! :barnie LOL
And I would have to ride my bike up so I couldn't come home with a baby goatie. Oh wait. I could probably put one in a backpack.... oh heck, I can't come up there without a chaperone!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:ya

I can I can!!!!!

How many weeks do we have to prepare? I can't remember...

And - there's a sure fire way to come home goat-less. Give all yer money and debit/credit cards to me....

for safe keeping, of course! ;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:lol: yeah, because you won't spend "all my money and debit/credit cards" on goatie cuteness.... :rolleyes: :gig

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think they plain old want their goats to go to pet homes. There are people out there who do that (go to the buyers home) to make sure their animals are going to a good home.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder what they would say if you went there to get one and asked about what they thought it would weigh dressed out! :lol: That is something dh would do. I remember when I went to get some muscovy ducks and I DID NOT know that the people who had them were vegetarians. Fortunately I had already paid for them.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Hee-hee, they are as much boars as they are puppies..... :p

I emailed, saying I hoped it was a joke and that they wouldn't sell to dummies who really thought they could be raised like puppies. They never responded, so who knows? I probably wouldn't have responded, either.....maybe.....no, I would have. :rolleyes:
Well, two of us have emailed them and gotten NO response.
Hmmm, guess this just isn't something for me to pursue. I certainly don't want them coming to my farm to tell me if I meet their "requirements".
Shiloh Acres said:
I know I really dont want folks coming to my farm if I don't know them.
Frankly, I would NEVER do any business on CRAIGSLIST. Too many scammers and shall we say, less than honorable folks.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I bet one of the requirements, is that you also believe that goats are dogs :lol:
That is just THE silliest ad I have ever seen.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is the ad. Unfortunately, I didn't get the photo to come with it. How do you get an upload on here. It told me it did get the upload of the photo.

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1808_dog_goat.jpg

I guess it isn't OK to ask them question about their unusual ad either!
Well the link does work so you can see what they posted. Not that big a deal though.

We have some dog goat puppies on our farm that will be ready for mid April. Here's your chance to add a rare Dog Goat to your farm.

We only sell puppies to farms with proper goat facilities and we like to visit each future home of our animals. God Bless!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2229968437
Still a phishing scam if you ask me.

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My goats act like dogs part of the time. When we had boers people used to ask us if they were dogs. A very cute marketing tool.