Ionized Water???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is called by many names, alkaline water, ionized water, Kagaen Water, etc. etc.

Water is run thru a unit (like a coffee maker size) and acid etc. is pulled out and balanced ph water is left.

I researched on google etc. and it seems very much a health benefit.

SO>......who uses this or why or why not it might be great for a person?

Anyone have experience in this???????

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a water ionizer. I used it for four about 4 years. It is a part of many protocols for alternative cancer therapy. The idea being that one reason the body develops cancer is that the ph of its fluids have become slightly too acidic brought on by the use of drugs, eathing too much meat and not enough alkalizing veggies and fruits. In a slightly acidic internal environment parasites of all kinds thrive, from the unicellular to the multicellular.

Many alternative practitioners think that it is due to these parasites that one becomes susceptible to cancer and that they will always be found with cancer, the most recently acknowledged ones to be the variety of fungi that almost always invade or are a part of cancerous tumors, most usually candida. Becoming more alkaline is required of almost all alternative cancer therapies, whether specifically stated or not.

City water is generally the most dangerous. With my unit I also used a special fluoride filter.

So the protocols require that you make your water very clean and slightly alkaline. I kept my machine set on 9.5 to 10 for ph.

What the machine does is redistribute the mineral content of the water and I assume that more calcium would be retained and other more acidic minerals dumped. Your house plants love the acidic run off.

We are in the process of selling our house and I have decided to sell my machine. It does take counter space. The water where we are going is very good, out of a high mountain well so I won't be using it there either.

To understand the effects of Ph on your health read " The Ph Miracle" by Dr Robert Young, Phd

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks for the info

even mountain water can be acidic right? so shouldn't you want to keep the unit since it would clear water of acidic properties still?

Should I get one?

Is it truly worth the price?

I mean, I am healthy, doing all the right things, but I thought this would, "make me heathier"????

LOL

don't know if it is worth it cause a friend got one since her hubby is fighting lukemia etc. and she said she thinks the health benes are worth it and feels better etc.????

So is it a good staple in ones life or just worth not bothering?

Hmm.....I dont' know...LOL

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't know if it is something you will actually feel the benefits from.
Just like when you drink acidic water you don't necessarily feel bad that day. The effect of being acidic is over the long haul.

You can be sure if you have cancer or any chronic disease you are too acidic. The alkaline water is just one way to pull the ph up. There are other ways too and that's why I put mention of that book in my first post.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks so much for the info

I get the jist of it now

and will check into other ways to pull up the ph in the body also. don't need to be only water to drink right? lol

cool!!

dianahester

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I think the main thing that is of value to this forum is the greening possible with the machine I have. Not all ionizers have this capability but I use the one from Japan which is a licensed medical device there and used in hospitals. The reason this particular machine is so good is because it makes 7 kinds of water, it is self cleaning and the company will take it in once a year to "tune it up" for optimal use. I know of no other machine that has all these benefits.

What does this mean? It means the machine is sustainable for 15 - 25 years. All that is necessary is replacing the filter periodically. It means the best drinking water. It means NO MORE POLLUTING THE PLANET WITH PLASTIC BOTTLES! That's a big one.

But it also means you no longer have to buy toxic household cleaners or laundry detergent because the machine makes strong acidic water and 11.5 water, both can be used for cleaning, one for disinfecting and one as an emulsifier.

You can use beauty water for your face and use only water on your face to keep you skin vibrant.

And then it is superior drinking water!

I have had my machine for 2 years and have loved every minute of it. BTW, i got it to ward off breast cancer which was returning after 13 years and it worked. I wrote an eBook which you can download for free if you message me. The will not let me put the link to the book here.

Though not conclusive, it is a good start to becoming educated about ionized water! I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy! There are many videos links in the book by professionals who can better explain the science.

Diana

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to SS Diana! You must feel strongly about ionized water as this is your first post. How long have you been lurking? :lol: I am glad you joined and hope to hear more from you. Since you have experience with this type machine and water therapy, could you tell us more about it? Again, welcome to SS and I am glad you are here!

dianahester

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I actually stumbled upon this forum today and am quite excited to be part of it. Yes I have a couple of years experience with ionized water and am a HUGE fan. I will be happy to share with you anytime! :) Sorry I jumped right in with a post but it is a hot button of mine. I just did a search to see if their were other ionize users in the forum. Love it.:)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is no empirical evidence to support claims made by manufacturers that drinking ionized water will have a noticeable effect on the body.[4] Drinking ionized water would not be expected to alter the body's pH,[1] due to the acid-base homeostasis. -Wikipedia [search Ionized water]

dianahester

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

It is not the first tme that Wiki has gotten it wrong. I actually have a great deal of empirical evidence in my book, The Science of Ionized Water, as well as videos by renown doctors. The reason I put the book together was so people could Know The Truth.

Now I have to admit that some water ionizers do not deliver results because they are shabbily made, do not have the right amount of power nor the medical grade materials to create the negative ORP necessary to change health.

I can understand the confusion people have because there is tons of misinformation on the Internet. I myself always thought water ionizers were some sort of fringe crazy idea until my friend from high school, Tony, called me and told me about this machine he bought that made Alkaline Water. I knew I needed to get a machine because I knew I needed to get my body alkaline to battle the breast cancer. I had defeated it 13 years earlier holistically. It is hard to change your diet so radically but water is another story.
The machine came recommended by a friend who is anything but "fringe" so I trusted him.:)

I drank a gallon and a half for 6 weeks and all kinds of medical conditions just went away. There are thousands of stories like mine.

Basically, water ionization was created in Japan. In the 50's Japanese Scientists went to the healing waters of the world in the Himalayan s, India, Lourdes of France, to study why these waters are different. They did this in response to the acid rain they were experiencing from China. What they discovered was these waters contain Negative Hydrogen ions. The scientist did not create ionized water, they just set out to build a machine that can duplicate nature.

In Japan, 1 out of 5 households have an ionized water machine. They are the longest lived nation on earth. The USA is ranked number 39. In Japan doctors prescribe ionized water for their patients. Japan did a huge promotion through a series on TV educating people about ionized water and encouraging them to get a machine for their home.

Water ionizers are used in hospitals there, and a panel of 6500 doctors recommends Kangen Water for health.

Just because Western medicine does not accept anything that does not include a drug which they can patent and make money on, and yes, just because Wiki has had someone post this unfounded report, does not make it so.