IRS Refund??

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Being it is only the 2 of us, we don't get much, if any back from federal...and we almost always PAY state. It sucks! I DREAD tax time!!! :hide

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like it...I always get a good bit back and it helps me a lot each year. Now that the kids are gone, I won't be getting those big returns that I used to get but it still is exciting to get a lump of money....ANY lump of money! :D

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We are!

We qualify for EIC with 2 kids. We usually pay off bills with it - with some of it we are building a canning kitchen this spring. I can't wait! Last year we got around 10K.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW
I bow to $10K
holy crappola

you go girl!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are getting $8,100.00 but $4000 is going strait to the house payment. Then a few bills. Then a incubator and colloitial silver maker for me and guns and ammo for him. Anything left will be for canning supplies, and a meat saw for home prossesing of meat. Oh... and a new front door. Taxes have been figured...but irs is being slow and we won't have them back till the 8th. Hurry up and wait!!!:(

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2011 was a crazy tax year for us! DH had 6 months of unemployment then made a huge jump to $22/hour!! I only brought in 7K for the whole year (part-time and seasonal work), add in our 3 lovely tax deductions and we qualify for the EIC too. We're getting back $3600.
$200 is going to fix up my daughters' bedroom, hopefully no more than $600 will go towards new tires/rims for the car, DH wants to spend "a little" to finish up the kids' go-carts and the rest will accumulate interest in the savings account. I desperately need a new car so we're saving for that plus trying to rebuild our 3-6 month savings cushion.

I second the :bow to Barefoot Mom and her 10K

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Payied bills with mine and restocking for another year. Paid off every credit card I ever owned and it took me 3 years! This year I got the last one paid off. I feel free and now I owe no one ! Well except the phone ,power and cable co. Soon , very soon no cable company! Ordered a half a beef, ordered years worth insulins for mom and son, antibiotic etc. A weight has been lifted from my back!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Doozer
no greater feeling than debt gone. I hear you on that one! :)
sounds like you are moving forward wonderful!!!!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok, so right about $4k. I know I want to plan a small get away (maybe $100, if we go where I plan), about $100 into the stuff I make/sell, ummm, the rest will rot away in my account and be used as needed to get through school. :)
The bf and I are still figuring out who's buying the fishing licenses for this year. He says he'll get them, but with $4k coming and all that he does for me, not to mention the fact that fishing isn't his thing, I think I should actually pay for them, lol.

Latest posts