Is it my drill or me?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
What I find wonderful about this thread is that we are all just taking it for granted that women use power tools. Isn't that terrific?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Taking it for granted??

WAIT. BBH is a woman?? Well, I'll be durned!
:lol:

Sally is a very capable person, she can do anything a guy can do, and do it with more class!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Which is why she and so many others are personal heroes to us wannabees.

Although, since I never seem to be shy about tooting my own horn, at last week's canning class a gentleman was present, and as I was decribing upcoming classes in dehydrating, alternative cooking methods, etc., he said "You must be some kind of Survivorman Woman." Really cracked me up!

Being fairly new to this lifestyle, yet having been a capable woman for many years, it is just SO awesome being around women with whom I can share experiences and they don't question my sexual orientation because I have a miter saw.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
"survivorman woman" thats cute!

I think the fact that I was the last born female child to (40 year old) parents helped. My dad was really hoping for a boy to finish things off with. Instead he got me. I feel like the lucky sister though b/c my dad taught me everything he would have taught his last born son. My sisters never learned (or cared to learn) how to change a tire, a car battery, the oil(!) etc. They're helpless IMO!

The last time I had to change a tire, my boyfriend at the time sat in the passenger's seat b/c HE didn't know how to do it! :rolleyes: Namby pamby!

BB, I don't know about class, cuz when I ripped a few holes in my living room trying to get the *%$#@ stripped screws out, I was cussin' like the sailor's daughter that I am!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
See? Class! LOL.

I think your message inbox is full. Did you get my horrid and embarrassing message on your answering machine? I TOLD you I hate leaving messages! I suppose you couldn't hear the telly ring over all your cussing though. =P

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'm catching up on a few pm's...still suffering from stupid computer blues. I was out on a long walk when you called.

I am waiting until I have another refreshing beverage to listen to that message you left. ;)

Oh, btw for anyone with a daughter, my dad gave me my own tool kit when I graduated high school. I still have it...and about 3 more! I was the most popular girl in the dorms b/c everyone loved borrowing my tools, even the guys. :p

I love tools, power or manual. Once while on a long walk, I found a hammer on the side of the road. I was tickled pink! I walked all the way home with it, boy did I feel tough!

And I keep close tabs on them all. I'll go nuts when someone had moved them around!

eta: its "tool kit" NOT "took kit"! :rolleyes:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
My exhusband tried to hang a shelf made from a 2x6 with straight pins so it wouldn't leave big holes in the wall. How'd that work out for you, pilgrim?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
My exhusband tried to hang a shelf made from a 2x6 with straight pins so it wouldn't leave big holes in the wall. How'd that work out for you, pilgrim?
That should have been your first clue! :lol: