Is it really......

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a heat wave?

lol

heck our temps are 110

usually in high 90s but then we get the extra hot weather, but when you look back, it has always been this way.

so it is the normal, but I guess since it doesn't happen every summer at the same time, it is called a heat wave.

lol

but darn it is hot! :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Tomorrow they are calling for 38C or 106 F. Now for here, that is hot!!!! And it is humid on top of that. Usually our highs don't top 33C or 100F. Very rare it goes that far over 100F. So or us, it is a heat wave.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
YES its totally a heat wave! ugh..

we are at a paltry 100* (but thats just the heat index so its kinda cheating - ha!)

say... you gotta pool right? hum... i could probably be there in about 6 hours if i drove fast.....

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Mississippi is always hot and humid in the summer. Heck it can be hot and humid in the winter. But this is unreal. We have not had temps like this in 30 years. Or at least I don't remember anything like this since 30 years ago. (30 years ago I was pregnant, I remember every day of the sweltering heat, but then again, maybe it just felt like that to me).

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
POOL PARTY

my house, right now

ya'll bring the liquor, I got the mixers! or shot glasses :p
Ohio, be sure the TBM comes, I want to see his cannonball :D

yea summer, we beg for it to come, then moan about the heat LOL

and fall, I love the weather, hate the nasty leaves!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
We normally barely hit 100 in the summer, but never ever for so many days in a row - and there is no relief in sight! We've been just over 100 every day this week so far, and next week is looking similar!
:somad

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now everyone is going to beg for the 'big storm' coming to cut the heat

we had great high 80s and then a big storm...made it COLD outside...haha...now the big heat again

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wish I could come to the party!!! :hit I have a pool floaty and all.

:plbb

We are actually having a cool wave. :hide temps are a bit lower than average. I know were going to get hit hard next month. So I am enjoying it while I can.

g

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
2dream said:
Mississippi is always hot and humid in the summer. Heck it can be hot and humid in the winter. But this is unreal. We have not had temps like this in 30 years. Or at least I don't remember anything like this since 30 years ago. (30 years ago I was pregnant, I remember every day of the sweltering heat, but then again, maybe it just felt like that to me).
So what are your temps there? Just curious.

I remember I posted how hot it was here one summer on BYC, and someone blatantly called me a liar--She said 103 in CANADA???!?!? give me a break!!!!!--. LOL Yes, it can get that hot here. :p

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
A pool party sounds great! I'm on my way :celebrate Grabbing shorts and t-shirt cause I don't think you want to see me in a bikini from 8 years and 25 pounds ago.