Is it really......

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This weather has been giving me many reasons to only work til 11:00. Then My little one and I have been taking the boat out to some small island for hikes. Seemd to be cooler the further I go out to sea. :) Darn heat!!! :woot

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im used to scorching Texas summers. But the drought is devestating. March was our last rain. Trees are dropping limbs and leaning. Stuff that is drought tolerant is shriveling. The cactus look pitiful.

The earth is cracked and there are huge gaps. Its really horrible. And no relief for weeks. Over a hundred again this week, all week. No rain.

Arghhh! come on rain. :fl

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
North Carolina isn't all that far away. Pool party sounds awesome. My DH just dragged out our 50's vintage milk shake stand mixer. I'll bring that if anyone's got some homemade ice cream?

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just bought a bicycle and now I can't use it!! I don't want it to melt.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
North Carolina isn't all that far away. Pool party sounds awesome. My DH just dragged out our 50's vintage milk shake stand mixer. I'll bring that if anyone's got some homemade ice cream?
:drool my hubby made milkshakes the other night, he used to work at Dairy Queen many many moons ago - he still knows how to crank out a fantastic shake!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Well, the heat and humidity is finally reaching us- 90's (not unheard of, but not common at all) and worse than that, 85% humidity! How the heck do you cool anything off with no evaporation??

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Here's CT's forecast for tomorrow....

Friday: Partly sunny, continued very hot and humid. High: 99. (heat index could top 105 degrees!)

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was WAY hotter here last year... this time we were having 116* heat index, the highest we have been this year is 108 that I know of.

ETA - our drought has been worse, but has gone from "exceptional" to "severe" I think

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It is 36 C or 102F today. It feels like (according to the weather network.ca) 46C or 122F. My dd has a drill team practice tonight, and a performance this weekend, and supposedly it is going to be just as hot over the weekend. Crazy!!!!!!!!