Is there an easy way to clean wheat?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's an awesome idea! I didn't even think of the shop vac...though I wouldn't want to do it in mine :lol: No telling what all is growing in that thing...it's OLD as dirt itself.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The one I had was able to pick up water. I used it to clean the stock tank that I couldn't keep my ducks out of, so I got in the habit of hosing it out after every use. The filter was waterproof plastic and it could be reverse flushed for cleaning. Something about the air flowing through the filter created a static charge on the filter and it trapped dust very well. I used it mostly on oats, the ducks would gobble them down if the hulls were cleaned off first. ~gd

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
25 mile sustained winds could make it more entertaining...just have someone stand to the side and see how much of the good stuff they can catch :lol:

Couldn't you use a fan inside a garage or something to do it, rather than relying on the wind. Seems like it'd be easier :hu
This past week, I just plugged in my house fan outside and did the same thing since there was no wind on the day I wanted to clean my blue Hopi corn.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
That's an awesome idea! I didn't even think of the shop vac...though I wouldn't want to do it in mine :lol: No telling what all is growing in that thing...it's OLD as dirt itself.
Haha reminds me of what my daughter did years ago.. she told my hubby that she "caught" a mouse and well with her only being about 10 or so we told her what a brave girl she was and really didn't think much about it.. I was busy doing dinner and I thought hubby had gotten rid of it and he was busy working on one of the cars and thought I had gotten rid of it.. she didn't tell us what she caught the mouse with either. about three weeks later hubs grabs the little house shop vac out of the basement and took it outside to clean the cars floor boards. OMGOODNESS!!! What a stink! :sick Dear Daughter had sucked the mouse up with shop vac and didn't bother to really make sure we got rid of it.. all I can say is thank goodness hubs had that outside cuz would would have had to fumigate the house for sure if he had cranked it on in the house!! :th

I clean my corn outside in a light breeze over a clean old sheet(the ones we use at the beach) and dump between two of my big silver bowls. the sheet catches any I may spill(cuz I have to say the first couple bowls kinda get me in the rhythm for the rests haha). Popcorn really tastes icky if you don't get all the chaff out.. that stuff scorches and stinks.

Latest posts