Is this TRUE????

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I for one don't buy it.

Aside from allegedly some kids being shown a picture of the president and possibly, maybe, or maybe not, being told to face it while reciting the pledge of allegiance -- which would be dumb and wrong, along with gazillions of other little dumb and wrong things done every day in schools across the continent -- I do not honestly see anything in there that couldn't be said about A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER people/things. Write a letter to <fill in the blank>. Do a worksheet after studying the biography of <fill in the blank>. Etcetera. All of what I'm seeing is pretty customary stuff, it's just that it bothers some people because it is President Obama *in particular*.

A cynic might say that it is not so much just that it *bothers* people such as those website folks, but that that being histrionically bothered by it it is useful if you're trying to make it all seem like some big weird conspiracy thing let's circle the wagons and get ready for the end.

Some people go overboard in *both* directions, both for and against.

So, I mean, really. Go back thru the things mentioned in that article. For each, substitute another item with which the exercise is often done in schools. Your senator. A major tv network. Your favorite movie star. Whatever. Does it REALLY seem so freaky, now?

JMHO,

Pat

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It is absolutely not happening in my son's school, the school in which I work, nor in the school in which my husband works.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I used to listen to Alex Jones a lot but he's been getting" too out" there for me anymore.

funkychicken

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My 8 th grader and 11th grader were going to be forced to watch the innaguration on big screen tv(the whole school was to view the historic event)...so they missed school that day and I was pretty peeved to find out that my 5th grader had to have it on tv during class also...I didnt see the need...they didnt do it for any other president before now anyway...just another crook to lead us to a brighter future!! Asked the kids are there any pics of O-BAMA in the school they said no...

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My kids had to watch the innaguration at school, but they always do anyway. Aside from them being totally bored, I don't have a problem with it. Its done in our schools with every president.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I don't have any children in school but some of this same "Worship Mentality" has actually made the headlines of our local paper and TV stations. Showing children being interviewed about President Obama. They are being encouraged to write the President, and you can almost hear the reporters putting words into their mouths. Pictures in the paper showing life size cutouts of the President in class rooms.

Personally - I think part of it is nothing more than the fact these children are seeing history in the making and all the news media are pushing it harder. Children in all schools around here have written letters as a classroom project to Presidents, Congress, Senators or Governors. I think the only difference now is it has become NEWS WORTHY. Where before it was just something teachers assigned the class to do and nobody noticed.

As with everything else, as the new wears off - this to shall pass.

And like everything else there are those few teacher that will take things just one step to far. If in fact I discovered that my childs class was doing the Pledge to the President. I would most certainly have a discussion with the School Board.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, in fact my son was quite the outcast when he came to school with an Obama shirt on.