Is this TRUE????

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
My last comment: it is amazing how much perspective reading some history books, for those who haven't lived through it or taken note, can give. There is nothing new under the sun, and this is not even remotely close to new. It's merely people being people, like always.

Not wanting to spoil peoples' fun as such, just trying to put in a plug for remembering that this sort of thing has come and gone time and time and time again. Only the little details (and the size and speed of the media) change.

Pat

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I mean come on a press conference for every cabinet member? That is a little excessive in my opinion. In the past there was usually one press conference to announce them all. I am surprised they haven't announced what type of toilet paper he likes to use for crying out loud.
As a member of a democracy, I am personally interested in each and every cabinet position, as that person will lead that whole section of gov't. I don't look at it as a way to further "worship" the command in chief. To me, it looks like the news media doing its job of reporting things I am not in Washington to personally witness.

Not a "world leader" as Obama is referred to time & time again. We need a president who is concerned with our country & running it not the world. And before you slam me for that comment he has been saying "now the world" since the primaries started.
As a member of a global world (like it or not), I actually really care that my president knows how to "play nice with the other countries." I actually think it's scary when a president refuses to follow signed treaties, listen to world views, starts wars without support and other things that show an unwillingness to "work well with others."

Just got my kids' report cards, so I guess school jargon is on my mind. I still believe a lot of lessons learned in elementary school apply to world leaders. Like it or not, the president of the United States is a world leader, regardless if it's a he/she, Republican, Democrat, humble/bloated, half white/half black. Simply part of the job.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
My last comment: it is amazing how much perspective reading some history books, for those who haven't lived through it or taken note, can give. There is nothing new under the sun, and this is not even remotely close to new. It's merely people being people, like always.

Not wanting to spoil peoples' fun as such, just trying to put in a plug for remembering that this sort of thing has come and gone time and time and time again. Only the little details (and the size and speed of the media) change.
Pat
No offense but I have lived more & experienced than you would ever know. Talk about perspective from just reading a few posts!!!!! I am not in my 20's thank you!!!!!!!! Get a grip would ya?

To m&g: I did not say I was not interested in whom he was picking, I am just tired of every time I turn around the man is holding a press conference to announce something that could be announced with other things. As to the war he did have support as the majority of congress voted for it. then they turned their backs on the soldiers by not supplying them with the funds to pay for the neccasary equipment they needed to keep them safer(a few have even admitted it on national television. As to the "world leader" part I do want a president who is active in world issues, not one who wants to run the world as Obama does.

I am so done with this thread, open your eyes & ears people! He took office with an 88% approval rating & today it has dropped to 51%. That is a 37% drop in only 15 days.

All I wanted to clarify was what one person stated that he was the first black president & he is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truth hurts doesn't it?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
You yourself have AGREED that he is the first OPENLY IDENTIFIED AS BLACK president.

That is what people generally MEAN whey they say "first black president". Identified race. Not academic genealogy.

Pat

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not worth fussing about, folks. He's the first dark skinned black president, you just can't refute that. Whether or not he's the first 'black' president is too subjective to fight over. Let's move on.......

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have news for them, one man can not save this country!!! It has to be a collective measure of everyone who has been elected to office in Washington, they have to work together to save this country as we know it being a capitalistic society

*********Pam
I think this is what gets me the most. People THINK that one man can save this country. I know most people can't fathom all the workings and people and global dynamics it takes to correct any countries problems.....so they look to one person to save them! It happens to be Obama right now.

I wish people wouldn't grasp for one person to fix a global problem....but they do. Sad actually.

Our problems are huge, not just this country but global. There is a world wide crash coming....big time!