Israel vs. Iran

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Tallman said:
It seems like all of this is written down some place. Hmmmm.
People have been pretty convinced that what they were observing in the world around them was "written down someplace" for much of the past two thousand years, though, and so far they have not been correct. Despite being just as convinced that the bible was talkin' about THEIR times as people today are.

So, I think the best bet is that this ain't it either.

JMO,

Pat

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Funny, Pat, the same thought occurred to me - but one of these days one of them just might be right :/

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We all gather information and then choose whether or not we believe it or not. Never before in the history of the world has there been weapons such as those that we have today. Sooner or later these weapons will fall into the wrong hands, and the whole world will be thrown in turmoil. I just think that it could easily culminate around Israel - so I watch.

Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Funny, Pat, the same thought occurred to me - but one of these days one of them just might be right :/
Since the bible either covers every topic there is about human nature and is very easily interpreted to mean whatever the reader chooses it to mean. That will undoubtedly bear out at some point.

As long as Israel continues to hold their little piece of land in the middle of no mans land and the US continues to prop them up there will be major contention. We are the great Satan because of our policies in supporting the Mideast and the way we have forced issues in the Mideast to protect Israel and to protect our oil supply. As long as those 2 issues continue to exist, the Mideast will be the most likely place for nuclear hostilities to occur. I respect Israel and their needs. I especially respect Israel for the way they have held on to their piece of sand while surrounded by enemies out to destroy them Of course without the US they would have perished years ago. I'm just referring to arms, financing and the implicit threat that we are their big brother.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Tallman said:
It seems like all of this is written down some place. Hmmmm.
People have been pretty convinced that what they were observing in the world around them was "written down someplace" for much of the past two thousand years, though, and so far they have not been correct. Despite being just as convinced that the bible was talkin' about THEIR times as people today are.

So, I think the best bet is that this ain't it either.

JMO,

Pat
It "might" be written down or not.

Come on, human nature is no different over the times.

Who is the allies, who is the weakest, who is the strengths and who just sides with who.

(come one Dacs, I know the "whom" should be in here somewhere...lol)

Common usual stuff thru the many many centuries of life.

People are no different today than over the years and years. Seriously, it is all human nature and what is best at the time of the decision..........weapons, etc. were advanced for one civiliation and not for the other, now everyone is "equal???" nope, there will and never be equality on this planet........

of course take what you will from that...

lol

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think it's "with whom," right Dacs?

Inchy

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I think it's "with whom," right Dacs?

Inchy
LOL-LOl
you are guessing Inchy????????????

LOL

I know....HA HA

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
reinbeau said:
Since the bible either covers every topic there is about human nature and is very easily interpreted to mean whatever the reader chooses it to mean. That will undoubtedly bear out at some point.

As long as Israel continues to hold their little piece of land in the middle of no mans land and the US continues to prop them up there will be major contention. We are the great Satan because of our policies in supporting the Mideast and the way we have forced issues in the Mideast to protect Israel and to protect our oil supply. As long as those 2 issues continue to exist, the Mideast will be the most likely place for nuclear hostilities to occur. I respect Israel and their needs. I especially respect Israel for the way they have held on to their piece of sand while surrounded by enemies out to destroy them Of course without the US they would have perished years ago. I'm just referring to arms, financing and the implicit threat that we are their big brother.
Hummm .... I'm not sure which part I am suppose to respect.. that Israel holds on or that the Zionists, with the backing of the world forced the palestinians out of their homes at gun point, paid nothing for their land and forced them into refugee camps.... no, I don't think I respect any of it. I do not have much warm feelings for Zionists and those who back them and I do not equate Zionists with Jews in general. Many many Jews object to the Zionist position but they are never given media air time.

What would you do if some on took your grandmother and grandfathers house at gun point, forced them out of their home, made them go live in the dirt and then thats where you get to live too, cut off from supplies, work, water. These are the documented historical realities that are not permitted on US media.... I think that if I were Palestinian I might be pretty ticked off but then again I just don't know about divine destiny and rights to homeland that you haven't been on for a thousand years so I guess I would just be inferior and deserve to be cast into the desert, and then lets not forget that my god isn't good enough either, so double whammy, its likely Palestinians will sit cast out for a long long time... unless of course they dare to fight back...but that is useless endeavor also...as the world at large supplies Israel with weapons and weapon technology.....and lets not forget that a good war keeps the world economic engines running.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Dh worked for years with a high ranking Rabbi (over the entire northeastern US). We were stunned to learn from him that not all the Jewish recognize that chunk of land as the state of Israel. He thinks it was artificially created to give the US and its Allies a presence in the middle east, among other reasons. An assigned Israel, more or less.

Since it was only established in 1948, there is no way the state of Israel has been at war with the other middle eastern countries for centuries.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
reinbeau said:
But I wasn't talking about just the bible, I was talking about all the 'prophets' throughout the ages.

We are the great satan because we are successful, because we have progressed, we're not held back by ancient tribal beliefs that have gotten them nowhere in 8,000 years. And I'm sorry, I don't think for a minute Israel needs us as much as you think they do. When they want to take action, they take it, and I hope when they do this time it doesn't result in World War III. Or is it IV?

As far as 'Palestine', since the bible was mentioned, anyone pay any attention to the part where the Jews were driven from their lands? Same lands, people. This has been going on for thousands of years. Neither side is 'right', neither side is the 'rightful owner', they've all lived and fought there since time began, and it isn't going to stop, I fear, ever.